Clamping now in force at Meadowhall

My major issue with clamping vehicles in the disabled bays is that the spot is unavailable as a genuine parking space for all of the time that the vehicle is clamped (which is totally opposite of the point of the clamping).

Would it not make more sense to leave a note on the car for 15 minutes and then tow the car? That would leave the parking space available for a genuine user with a blue badge and provide exactly the same deterrent value to the people who are parking there against the rules.

My major issue with clamping vehicles in the disabled bays is that the spot is unavailable as a genuine parking space for all of the time that the vehicle is clamped (which is totally opposite of the point of the clamping).

Would it not make more sense to leave a note on the car for 15 minutes and then tow the car? That would leave the parking space available for a genuine user with a blue badge and provide exactly the same deterrent value to the people who are parking there against the rules.

I presume it costs more to keep a towing vehicle on standby than it does to keep a van full of clamps.

There are only a comparatively few drivers who abuse the disabled bays. Once thet've been clamped a few times they will learn and the bays will become available for the disabled people.

I agree that while the car is clamped then the bay is not available at all, but if there are several offenders, they can be dealt with by clampers a lot quicker than the tow truck can, and if there's only one offender, then the inconvenience to genuine users is not likely to be that great, as most spaces are still available.

Yes but if they only have one tow truck the other people parked wrongly might get away, it is far easier for them to clamp several cars than risk them getting away and lose them money. Do you know how much it costs to run a Lambhorgini?:hihi:

any numty that takes up 2 spaces in a car park, and theres plenty of em , deserve to have there car set on fire and there licence taken off them for good. people are so ignorant. just like when u r commin up to a roundabout and theres 2 lanes and the numty in front of you wants both of them all to themself. or they change lane without even looking to see if there is anyone at the side of em.....If I could get away rammin them off the road , I would do it..

and as for all the parents who drop there kids off at school in a car they cant even drive,that only live 100 yards awayfrom the school. they are just as bad, clogging the roads up in a morning , n then they stand at the school gates while half past ten talking <removed> about xfactor. "get a part time job or do some exercize bingo wings".

I totally agree with you it seems that humans are going back to neanderthal man again,Especially those who drive 4x4s jeeps they seem to be a cut below everybody else total numptys.

Paulo.

saturday around 5 pm i was outside the argos entrance, i watched 5 cars get clamped, they were all non disabled in the disabled spots. at the time there where plenty of parking spaces in the main parking area. it was as a woman who was clamping. i hate the whole clamping thing but i really had a laugh at the individuals that were getting clamped they had no excuse. two were crying!!!

So does anyone know the actual rule with the Parent & Child? Is it Parent & Child with Pushchair or just Parent & Child. If its just Parent & Child whats to stop some of these young uns taking their parents and parking in the spaces? I have actually see that happen at Meadowhell.

Also a lot of car seats are now made to be removed and placed into the pram so what happens in this scenario?

Archived