Clamping now in force at Meadowhall

Yep. Clamp them. The number of times I have been there at busy times only to see two spaces taken but one idiot who can't/can't be arsed to park within the lines or just parked on the end of a row, blocking the road, because they are too impatient to wait for a space.

Sometimes it's not because they can't be bothered to straighten up. I am equally annoyed at the selfish ***** that think it's acceptable to slam the door of their banger into my pride and joy and drive off leaving me with a dented door and a repair bill. Meadowhall can **** off. I for one, won't be going there if there's a risk of clamping.

I went there saturday and saw one of the wardens of the car park taking pics of a car and its disibility badge,tax disc ,registration plates in a disabled arking space. I agree people with th rule applying to the disibility parking spaces. Shame they don't use it for thee mother and baby parking. x

saturday around 5 pm i was outside the argos entrance, i watched 5 cars get clamped, they were all non disabled in the disabled spots. at the time there where plenty of parking spaces in the main parking area. it was as a woman who was clamping. i hate the whole clamping thing but i really had a laugh at the individuals that were getting clamped they had no excuse. two were crying!!!
My bold

Oooohhhhh, that's made me feel all lovely and warm and fuzzy inside!!

Especially those who drive 4x4s jeeps they seem to be a cut below everybody else total numptys.

Why?? I have a large Land Rover and can park it within the lines with no issues what so ever. Just because you have a large car does not mean that you deserve to be clamped. If you can't park properly, which is a problem experienced by drivers of all sizes suffer from, then it's your won fault and being clamped is a suitable penalty.

I dont really see what the fuss with these clampers is. Provided they remain within the law with regard to the clamping (which is yet to be seen - optimistic??) then there should be nothing to worry about. If a clapm is placed on your car there is only 1 person to blame. Thats you! I am happy that I can park well within the parking bays, as many others can, so for those who find it an impossible challange, perhaps it will serve as a reminder that perhaps they should try better next time or risk being fined again.

Not sure if Meadowhall was just having a slack day on Saturday or if all this clamping business has had an effect but on Saturday around 1pm when I left work there were lots of empty parking spaces, no queues to get in and nobody driving round and round looking for spaces which is not normal.

So does anyone know the actual rule with the Parent & Child? Is it Parent & Child with Pushchair or just Parent & Child. If its just Parent & Child whats to stop some of these young uns taking their parents and parking in the spaces? I have actually see that happen at Meadowhell.

Also a lot of car seats are now made to be removed and placed into the pram so what happens in this scenario?

i am interested also , does anyone know the actual rule with the Parent & Child?

Not sure if Meadowhall was just having a slack day on Saturday or if all this clamping business has had an effect but on Saturday around 1pm when I left work there were lots of empty parking spaces, no queues to get in and nobody driving round and round looking for spaces which is not normal.

Can't see it having anything to do with the clamping. Last week it was heaving on the days I went.

As 99% of people aren't selfish and park normally, it's not going to have any effect whatsoever on the number of visitors.

Sometimes it's not because they can't be bothered to straighten up. I am equally annoyed at the selfish ***** that think it's acceptable to slam the door of their banger into my pride and joy and drive off leaving me with a dented door and a repair bill. Meadowhall can **** off. I for one, won't be going there if there's a risk of clamping.

I agree with your post I agree that there are a lot of selfish folk around who think they can park anywhere they like but, my fear is that these clampers will get out of control and stretch their remit to the absolute limit with the aid of a ruler to measure your tyre against the white line LOL.

No, I am not visiting again too risky.

So they are going clamping crazy at Meadowhall towards those drivers that abuse Disabled parking spaces, good news! But why can't they shift over to Centertainment for a bit of work? Virtually every time when me, my friend and her mother go and its busy (i.e. evenings, or wednesdays in general!) we can never get a a disabled parking space because of some arse's with Mercedes SLWeAreAllSelfishGits have taken the spaces, yet I never seen one of those cars ticketed, clamped, towed or what-not.

Archived