Clamping now in force at Meadowhall

Sometimes it's not because they can't be bothered to straighten up. I am equally annoyed at the selfish ***** that think it's acceptable to slam the door of their banger into my pride and joy and drive off leaving me with a dented door and a repair bill. Meadowhall can **** off. I for one, won't be going there if there's a risk of clamping.

I am avoiding Meadowhall at the moment, but thats because of the sheer number of people inside Meadowhall in the run-up to Christmas. The fact that people are being clamped for contravening the parking rules does not bother me, because I am more than capable of parking within the lines and in the right place, as I'm sure most people are.

To me its very simple, if you don't want your car clamped don't park in stupid places!

saturday around 5 pm i was outside the argos entrance, i watched 5 cars get clamped, they were all non disabled in the disabled spots. at the time there where plenty of parking spaces in the main parking area. it was as a woman who was clamping. i hate the whole clamping thing but i really had a laugh at the individuals that were getting clamped they had no excuse. two were crying!!!

Nice one hollymay these individuals have only themselves to blame, the sooner they get hit in the pocket the better fed up with selfish people

Paulo

went to meadowhall today..i am a disabled wheelchair user..when we came back out..we witnessed a young man getting clamped for parking in a disabled bay, when he clearly wasnt disabled at all..no badge nothing..serves you right..

Fantastic! More power to the clampers in cases like this!

So does anyone know the actual rule with the Parent & Child? Is it Parent & Child with Pushchair or just Parent & Child. If its just Parent & Child whats to stop some of these young uns taking their parents and parking in the spaces? I have actually see that happen at Meadowhell.

Also a lot of car seats are now made to be removed and placed into the pram so what happens in this scenario?

im pretty certain that the signs say parent and pushchairs and the pictures on the floor are of an adult and a pushchair. now with the case of removable car seats, a phone call and a rant telling them to get their arse here and take it off so i can get my baby home or i will take it off myself as i wasnt parked illegally. although im pretty certain that they arent actaully checking those spaces.

I agree that these clampers need to fine people parked in spaces where they shouldn't be, but just wondered why some people are keen to jump to conclusions about disabled drivers... My sister was subject to a barrage of abuse from a middle aged couple a few weeks ago at Meadowhall. The couple pulled up alongside her and started shouting and swearing at her that she 'didn't look disabled', 'seemed ok' to them and 'ought to be ashamed of herself'. Unbeknown to them, she was just walking around the car to the drivers seat after strapping my nephew (who's 5 and has a wheelchair) into his car seat. It really shook her up and upset her.

I (think) the point I'm trying to make is that people should leave it up to the clampers to decide if people are breaking the rules and clamp them and not turn into vigilantes.

Oh, and if you were the couple I've mentioned above, then I hope, having read this you feel well and truly ashamed of yourselves.

I agree that these clampers need to fine people parked in spaces where they shouldn't be, but just wondered why some people are keen to jump to conclusions about disabled drivers... My sister was subject to a barrage of abuse from a middle aged couple a few weeks ago at Meadowhall. The couple pulled up alongside her and started shouting and swearing at her that she 'didn't look disabled', 'seemed ok' to them and 'ought to be ashamed of herself'. Unbeknown to them, she was just walking around the car to the drivers seat after strapping my nephew (who's 5 and has a wheelchair) into his car seat. It really shook her up and upset her.

I (think) the point I'm trying to make is that people should leave it up to the clampers to decide if people are breaking the rules and clamp them and not turn into vigilantes.

Oh, and if you were the couple I've mentioned above, then I hope, having read this you feel well and truly ashamed of yourselves.

Gawd, you do get some right pillocks, sometimes! They were probably too thick to even realise that it doesn't necessarily have to be the driver who has a disability.

Archived