Clamping now in force at Meadowhall

Just got back from Meadowhall where I noticed a sign saying clamping was in force for:-

Disabled parking areas

Hatched areas

Walkways

Drop off points

No mention of parent and child parking areas which seems to reinforce my previous comment that the parent and child scheme is purely voluntary and unenforceable.

On another note why are people queuing up at 9.00 for a book signing that doesn’t start until 12.00.

Gok Wan never heard of him until this morning.. :roll:

Malky, given the sign you saw, it does not seem that they will be clamping the 4x4 drivers who park over 2 spaces then? Shame!

Why should they target the 4x4s? I used to manage to park within the lines in a SIII 109 Land Rover with no power steering and the turning circle of an aircraft carrier. Some drivers of Micras, Minis, Amicas and the like are just as guilty (and I also own an Amica so I'm allowed to say that)

I have read some ridiculous statements on this thread. A car is as much of a tin to get you A2B as a house is a pile of bricks just for you to live in. I mean you could always walk or live in a box right? Other people do it? Nonsense.

A car to its owner has its own value, usually the second most expensive purchase after the home. A £100k car will have the same value to its owner (who may have a £1m house) as a £10k car will to somebody who has a £100k house. It isn't about cost, or that fact its expensive or otherwise. What I find particularly sickening is coming back to your car to find the doors dented in to the point where you need a bodyshop to fix it. This is the equivalent of some ignoranus smashing the windows on your house.

I will stop parking in two spots when the owners of the car park take responsibility for managing them correctly (at least CCTV for edidence of damage being caused etc).

I have read some ridiculous statements on this thread. A car is as much of a tin to get you A2B as a house is a pile of bricks just for you to live in. I mean you could always walk or live in a box right? Other people do it? Nonsense.

A car to its owner has its own value, usually the second most expensive purchase after the home. A £100k car will have the same value to its owner (who may have a £1m house) as a £10k car will to somebody who has a £100k house. It isn't about cost, or that fact its expensive or otherwise. What I find particularly sickening is coming back to your car to find the doors dented in to the point where you need a bodyshop to fix it. This is the equivalent of some ignoranus smashing the windows on your house.

I will stop parking in two spots when the owners of the car park take responsibility for managing them correctly (at least CCTV for edidence of damage being caused etc).

I agree with you.

hi all i used to take up two spaces purely because i have a £50.000 porche which jealous people open their doors onto obviously because they have such sad lifes and can't stand other people being better off.

i hate this world.full of ******** everywhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Too right mate why to we despise successful people instead of inspiring to be like them?

hi all i used to take up two spaces purely because i have a £50.000 porche which jealous people open their doors onto obviously because they have such sad lifes and can't stand other people being better off.

i hate this world.full of ******** everywhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Um, I'm not being rude (well, maybe a little) but because you have/had an expensive car this gives you the right to take up 2 spaces? I don't think so pal!

I'm pretty sure I'd be just as annoyed if someone clipped my '97 Corsa in Meadowhall as you would be (and yes I'm fairly sure mine would cost less to fix :D), but at the end of the day, if you choose to go to Meadowhall, regardless of whether your car costs £1 million or £1, I wouldn't assume that you have the right to straddle bays because your car costs more - if anything that's going to wind people up more!!

Some people probably are jealous of your car, granted, but at the end of the day, they're not really that likely to risk being seen by someone/CCTV smashing their door into yours just because their eyes are a little green :D Oh dear. The costs would definitely outweigh the benefits on that one.

Archived