Clamping now in force at Meadowhall

On a recent shopping trip to Meadowhall i was pleased to see that a car illegally parked in the disabled parking area had been clamped. Disabled parking spaces are put there for a reason, not just for bone idle gits to use as they please. It's the same (obviously to a lesser degree) with parent and toddler spaces too. Well done whoever clamped the the car, keep up the good work!

However, clamping the car will mean that the space is out of action for even longer. It would be better to tow the car away.

However, clamping the car will mean that the space is out of action for even longer. It would be better to tow the car away.

Yep, agreed. Or perhaps take a digital photo of the offence and send it to them with a fine.

Maybe the person who parked there was so bone idle that they might as well be considered disabled.

Good point, well made.

I thought they may have retreated as at a recent three hour trip two rule breakers were unclamped when I left and they were like it when I arrived (one was literally three foot hanging over the edge of the space as it was a space with a tree in and the car was too large)

I saw a lovely BMW parked in the hatched spaces at the end of the row.... with a clamp, was brill to see.

That's not very nice. Being clamped is a traumatic experience whether you drive a BMW or a donkey cart.

Just because a spacing is hatched, doesn't mean it's not a space.

Archived