Clamping now in force at Meadowhall

There is still a space there so technically it's a space. Perhaps the driver thought the hatchings meant "parking for 1 hour only" or something.

Ignorance is no defence.

The parking spaces are clearly marked, as white rectangular spaces.

The hatching are painted yellow and look nothing like the parking spaces.

The parent and child spaces have an image of a parent and a child (albeit it crayon type) and the disabled parking places have the disabled parking sign painted in them.

It's all quite clear and concise. It's been designed to avoid confusion.

If the person parking in a yellow painted hatch area thought it was a 'special' parking space then he or she is an idiot or a t*sser!

Answers on a postcard.... :loopy:

Hatchings mean no parking they are there for 2 reasons either to allow space for a disabled person to move their wheelchair to side of the car in a disabled space or if at the end of a row to allow clear passage.

If we all satrted to ignore the hatching then throw out your highway code book and have a free for all. That would be fun ignoring road marings on motorways dual carridageways, yellow boxes etc

Hatch means dont park simple

On a recent shopping trip to Meadowhall i was pleased to see that a car illegally parked in the disabled parking area had been clamped. Disabled parking spaces are put there for a reason, not just for bone idle gits to use as they please. It's the same (obviously to a lesser degree) with parent and toddler spaces too. Well done whoever clamped the the car, keep up the good work!

Do you think alot of people care. Some mite do but not all. £95 is hardly going to break the bank it is pennies to those who throw it about. Some one who has got a £30,000 car does not want to park in a normal tight bay next to a peasant in a ford or vauxhall and have his door scraped.

You personally probably drive a £7000 renault and the person who got clamped was a nice bmw or merc somthing you could never afford so think by coming on here praising the clamper makes you a big keyboard warrior.

Personally if i ever park in a disabled spot knowing i would be clamped is not because i am bone idle as you state it is because i can afford to be bone idle like many out there on a daily basis who do not care and continue to park where ever they wish to do so because they can.

Maybe if disabled badges weren't doled out to every Tom, Dick and Harry people would have more respect for them. My old man has just got a kidney transplant and is about to have a new hip in January and he can hardly stand let alone walk so when I see 'Disabled' people with badges who are walking about no trouble I find it's disgusting!

And it happens all the time you can't say it doesn't happen.

What's the criteria for these badges now days anyway? Do you actually have to be disabled? I wouldn't be surprised if they give them out for depression or bloody cold virus with the amount of people driving up in their 4x4s and jumping out looking as fit as a tightly bowed fiddle.

Archived