Clamping now in force at Meadowhall

I think the kids spaces in Meadowhall are for children under 12. i may be wrong.

My youngest is 7 and I stopped parking in the kids spaces at Meadowhall ages ago as the signs clearly have a picture of a pushchair on them, also he is a little bit too big to fit in a pushcair now so I wouldn't be able to get away with it even if I tried.

No issues for clamping people parking in family or disabled spots when they have no right too. Serves them right for being so lazy.

Nice Mr Security man is walking round Meadowhall and notices a car in a blue space without a badge and clamps it he then comes to the parent and child area what is he supposed to look for? Nappies, cuddly toys, baby grow or a baby on board sticker..........:roll:

I went today around 1 and you was very lucky to find a space, i eventually ended up stalking someone from the boots entrance till they got to their car lol.. But i saw them clamping one car as i was walking in as it was parked on the zigzag yellow lines, im guessing they got so fed up of looking for a space they forte it wud be alright but clerly not........ Be warned!

yes they are clamping but then the only people we have seen clamped are those people who park in disabled bays when they dont have a blue badge, we often have to park in the 'normal' car park because of inconsiderate idiots who are not disabled who park in disabled spots, i personally think that they should have clampers at meadowhall all the time

The main reservation I have is Meadowhall using a private company for this work. Clampers aren't usually the most reasonable people to have to deal with because the way they make money is by intimidating people into paying their extortionate charges.

If I were the management of Meadowhall, I'd be worried about being tarred with the same brush. At least when you get booked by parking services, you know who you're dealing with. I'd have thought there must be a better way of challenging abuses of the parking areas at Meadowhall than allowing this type of company to do it.

Archived