Clamping now in force at Meadowhall

Meadowhall is a private land space for retail and parking. Interestingly, although there are hatches in the parking lots, where are the rules to suggest you cannot park there? Are they displayed in the car park anywhere as the rules of the public road do not always apply on private grounds surely?

People "know" you do not park on hatched lines, wherever they are! This has been a problem for years at Meadowhall and it's good to see it has been sorted.

simple solution all shoppers that drive dont go to meadow hall boycott it then with any luck it might shut, use town revive the centre and get rid off the crappy american style mall we can do with out.

Your in no better positon in the town if you abuse parking areas you will still get a clamp or ticket

The main reservation I have is Meadowhall using a private company for this work. Clampers aren't usually the most reasonable people to have to deal with because the way they make money is by intimidating people into paying their extortionate charges.

If I were the management of Meadowhall, I'd be worried about being tarred with the same brush. At least when you get booked by parking services, you know who you're dealing with. I'd have thought there must be a better way of challenging abuses of the parking areas at Meadowhall than allowing this type of company to do it.

Exactly. And as others have suggested, I will continue to boycott here and ALL other businesses that use these private "parking companies". When people start doing this in large numbers, they will get the message.

If Meadowhall had their own operation and the money from "reasonable not EXTORTIONATE" fines covered their operation costs with any left over going to Help A Hallam Child, then I'd be quite happy. But I am NOT going to patronise this place any more, when they seem to be hell bent on their customers paying for the Parking Companies Boss's new Lamborghini.

Exactly. And as others have suggested, I will continue to boycott here and ALL other businesses that use these private "parking companies". When people start doing this in large numbers, they will get the message.

They'd get the message even quicker if everyone who went there parked in a sensible way, then they'd have no business to contract out to a parking company.

If Meadowhall had their own operation and the money from "reasonable not EXTORTIONATE" fines covered their operation costs with any left over going to Help A Hallam Child, then I'd be quite happy. But I am NOT going to patronise this place any more, when they seem to be hell bent on their customers paying for the Parking Companies Boss's new Lamborghini.

Well yeah... but is it really that hard to just.. not park on the little hatched section at the end... there is always a space free, and if there isnt you're probly waitin on an average of 10 mins for one if that there is always people leaving.

Well yeah... but is it really that hard to just.. not park on the little hatched section at the end... there is always a space free, and if there isnt you're probly waitin on an average of 10 mins for one if that there is always people leaving.

No, it's not hard at all but I disagree vehemently with the existence and operations of private parking companies, so I prefer to spend my money elsewhere, other than pathetic businesses that use them.

Archived