Clamping now in force at Meadowhall

mail online 29th october.

mr roger o brien 66, parked in the taxi bay at meadowhall "only for 10 minutes while ho nipped into M&S". only to return to his car to find it had been clamped.HA HA. £95 to release the clamp. cough up, HA HA.

While mister obrien was waiting for his son to bring the £95 to pay the clampers the clampers were putting another clamp on another car, this time parked in th collection bay, Another £95 release fee"HA HA". This time the woman "with a baby " had only nipped in to M&S for 5 minutes.

Who do these people think they are. so what if your 66 or have got a baby with you. There are 12,000 parking spaces at meadowhall and if you are too lazy or think your so special that you dont have to use one of these parking spaces, " Then it just serves you right" Its a shame the release fee isnt £500, to teach you a proper lesson.

HA HA HA HA HA,:hihi::hihi::hihi:

Actually, it's about time they tackled these people, along with those who get creative with parking on the yellow hatchings where pedestrians are supposed to be able to get through the barriers in the carparks

Able bodied people may be able to squeeze through, but if you're in a wheelchair or pushing a buggy, how the heck do you get past to get back to your car?!

Taken from the DESKTOP LAWYER

The Courts in England and Wales have accepted that it is lawful for a landowner to clamp any one who is parked on his land without his authority. However the landowner must have displayed a clear notice of the fact that cars parked without authorisation will be clamped and include information about the payment which must be made to have the vehicle released.

The courts consider that anyone who parks the car on private land in spite of having seen the notice has consented to their car being clamped. The owner of the vehicle is not allowed to cause criminal damage to the clamp by trying to remove it. The release fee must be reasonable, easily payable and result in prompt release"

My Bold

I don't see that £95 is in any way reasonable. I agree that there ought to be a deterrant to parking up badly, or inconsiderately, but £95 a pop is nothing but extortion by the clamping company. They are in it for the money, not to educate people in parking etiquette, so even minor indiscretions will result in a clamp.

:thumbsup::thumbsup: Well done Meadowhall :thumbsup::thumbsup:

It's about time the numpties who think they are soooo special they can park in disabled places without a badge, and the ones that park in the collection points 'caus they can't be arsed to walk like the rest of us were sorted out.:hihi:

Well done Meadowhall

It's about time the numpties who think they are soooo special they can park in disabled places without a badge, and the ones that park in the collection points 'caus they can't be arsed to walk like the rest of us were sorted out

bang right. just what ive been saying all along...12000 free parking spaces and the numptys of this world still arnt happy... meadowhall clampers need to charge more , coz i would. when will people learn..

WOODENTOPS you know who you are..

I see from todays papers that Meadowhall have now let a private company take over their car parks. They say you will be clamped for, not being between the lines, on yellow lines, taxi bays, drop off areas and illegal parking in disabled bays. Meadowhall say they are not involved financially. They did hundreds yesterday.

I see from todays papers that Meadowhall have now let a private company take over their car parks. They say you will be clamped for, not being between the lines, on yellow lines, taxi bays, drop off areas and illegal parking in disabled bays. Meadowhall say they are not involved financially. They did hundreds yesterday.

I personally think its the thin end of the wedge believe me they will be thinking up all manner of guises to extract £95 out of folk although I believe its not rocket science to park properly in the marked out spaces but we shall have to see how it all pans out.

Archived