Clamping now in force at Meadowhall

went to meadowhall today..i am a disabled wheelchair user..when we came back out..we witnessed a young man getting clamped for parking in a disabled bay, when he clearly wasnt disabled at all..no badge nothing..serves you right..you ought to try a day without your legs, then maybe some of these parking abusers may understand a bit more.

I heard this news today also, but one question that springs to mind. Does anyone know the actual criteria for Parent/child parking spaces.

I know that Sainsbury's have started fining £50 and as I beleive it is for parents with under 12s. Is Meadowhall saying pushchairs, if so it's a bit loose isn't it? Couldn't it leave it open for those that want to abuse the system to just turn up with a pushchair?

Cheers, C

I once spoke to someone from meadowhall about the parent bays and they didnt say anything was in place to stop other people using them at min. I have heard Asda at handsworth have something in place tho i heard that there you have to have a fitted child seat in your car there or they could clamp you. I dont think booster seats are included in this tho. But again this is just something i heard from others.

went to meadowhall today..i am a disabled wheelchair user..when we came back out..we witnessed a young man getting clamped for parking in a disabled bay, when he clearly wasnt disabled at all..no badge nothing..serves you right..you ought to try a day without your legs, then maybe some of these parking abusers may understand a bit more.

Hoorah!!!! I used to take my ma-in-law to Meadowhell on the disability bus service. When we were waiting, I saw any number of obviously able-bodied, idle sods park up in the disabled bays. (Yes, I know that not all disabilities are easy to see - but if it's 4 yoofs leaping out of a pratmobile, it's fairly obvious they're not disabled.) I reported them to a security chap on a couple of occasions, but they did nothing about it.

And the number of people who park their cars at the pick up points is unbelievable - sometimes the disability bus couldn't get parked to drop off/pick up people.

I'm all for it but wonder if (or suspect!) it will get abused (by the clampers). Eventually people are going to start taking more care, I'd imagine, then they'll be losing income.

Plus, how do they know who to clamp in the parent & child spaces, unless they see people getting out sans infant? Not all parents will have booster seats left behind in the cars. Parents of young babies often remove the whole car seat to attach to the pushchair as a travel system. I wonder how keen they would be to remove the clamp without charge if they wrongfully clamped one of those....?

And as for the parking over the line thing...I agree people should take more care...but sometimes if there's only that space in busy times, and there is already a car there parked badly, you have no choice but to park badly yourself. I've done that in the past - think I'll be avoiding meadowhall by car in future.

well it seems that most of us on here are all for clamping.

keep it up meadowhall.

one day the lazy selfish numptys of this world may learn that there isnt just them in this world and be more considerate for others around them.

i hope they break the clamping record today. I hope they get as much pleasure out of doing the job as much as i think i would. lol

Well if you don't agree with Meadowhall's new parking crackdown, you've got 3 choices as I see it, park strictly within the allotted bays, travel via other means or (my preffered option) avoid the god forsaken dump.

I'll be doing all my pre Christmas shopping online and relying on good old Royal Mail:hihi::hihi:

Parking is still free at Meadowhall and there is no time limit.

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/wheelclampingon privateland

isnt iit 2 hours max ? my friend spent 3 hours in meadowhall and got a ticket because they thought he was using it as a park and ride park . he showed them all his receipts which spanned across 3 hours and they revoked the fine .

its about time clamping is enforced . all these idiots who cannot see over the top of their saloons taking two bays . and one idiot of a silver new shape astra on thursday evening thought he would park in red car park ground floor right near to escalators but in marked off cheverons = bet you enjoyed the view of that shiny yellow clamp as you CONVINIENTLY came back down the escalators :D and even funnier they also took a few pictures of how bent you parked in an empty / unmarked area ! r

Archived