Stargate universe

WallBuilder

The thing that bugged me in 'air' though was why didn't they just use one of those to push the button in the shuttle, instead of letting him kill himself..

That very question was answered by one of the writing panel. The answer has been repeated on the forums for SyFy http://forums.syfy.com/index.php?showtopic=2338377

Apparantly the shuttles will only close the door when they detect a lifeform in there, thus a lifeless Kino would not allow the door to close.

Some people have not been satisfied with that answer, commenting that it is a ridiculous ship desing if you cannot seal off the bulkhead from the shuttle without a lifeform inside, but perhaps there were other reasons why the other door of the docking sleeve wouldn't close, or it may have just been a shoddy oversight by the Ancients (after all, we were told in the Atlantis and SG1 days that they had made mistakes and errors - see post 45 of the linked thread for a discussion of this point).

I'm liking this. Not haveing seen the other SG series I was a bit concerned about not understanding what the heck is going on... but so far this hasn't been an issue (apart from those communicator thingies... was a bit confused about how they worked until they showed you that the person 'inhabits' the 'recievers' body!). But yeah, so far so good.

i love sg1 bought all 1-10 box sets individualy, then got rid to get the 1-10 box set, have all atalantis, sg1 ark of truth and continuum,

i havnt seen this one yet, the name "robert carlysle" makes me think its gonna suck, cant stand that guy,

hope he's killed off asap,

alltho i wish they would just end it alltogether, even for a long time fan i'm getting bored of it all,

expecially after "continuum" sick of the traveling in time rubbish.

• 6 years later...

Having brought the box set of Stargate Universe I'm left with mixed impressions of the program. The first series was OK but not great the story lines could have been better too much trying to be a soap opera. I'm now on the second series now an improvement on the first this is what it should have been to start with to keep the viewer wanting more. Instead SU lost any chance of been continued into a third series.

SU was by the best of the three and it got far shorter run than it deserved. Beakerzoid (where ever he/she is now :)) got it spot on. I think it didn't get the viewers because it many were expecting a retread of SG1 - of which it was miles away. It cost a fair chunk too which couldn't have helped.

A few quick points - first stick with it. Secondly - fun "fact" (rumour - I cant verfy) the set was bought by David Hewlett (Rodney from Atlantis) and used for current show Dark Matter. Secondly, if you like the colonel young, he's been very good in Canadian cop show Motive. If you like your graphic matches, you'll love it!

Secondly - fun "fact" (rumour - I cant verfy) the set was bought by David Hewlett (Rodney from Atlantis) and used for current show Dark Matter.

Now that you mention it the bridge of the Raza does have a passing resemblance to the observation window set in SU.

Edited by Funky_Gibbon