New latin restaurant - Mama Mia - opening this Friday 30/10, Sheffield!!

Mama_Mia

Thinking of trying this this week. Any more reviews or menu updates? How far is it from Broadfield pub?

Or should we goto la Scala?

Not been myself yet - it's about a 5 minute walk from the Broadfield; heading towards town on the same side of the road. It's just past the two churches down there.

Sounds amazing!

we're going to Chile very soon and would like to try some of your food to give us an idea of what to expect!

Although we don't live in Sheffield we will be visiting tomorrow and might be able to stop off..

Are you open in the evening or only for lunch?

Do you have a website?

hi wow you'r going to Chile so am I in December. You will love it!!!

Yes we are open in the evening from 6 till 10.30.

Come down and enjoy Chilean Estofado.

Hope to see you soon. If not have a good Trip!!

Love Mama Mia

• 1 month later...

Went to Mama Mia last night for the first time. I think the name is a bit misleading - you kind of think "Mamma Mia" and therefore Italian. Maybe there's a joke in there?

Anyway, it was really good. I'd had a poor first experience at Seasons which used to be there (when the waiter plonked a bottle of wine and a corkscrew on the table - honestly!).

This was a different story. The host was really friendly, but not annoyingly intrusive - he made us welcome and made us laugh. I think there's still a niche for that kind of atmosphere and service on the London Road/Abbesydale Road stretch (though some others on that stretch are also friendly).

The food was really good - the closest thing in Sheffield to dining in a small restaurant in Spain (I've never been to South America, which I know is the influence in here) - really nice quality Patatas Bravas as a (free) pre-starter. We also had excellent scallops cooked in a great sauce, a lovely chorizo in cider and mains of a fish stew and the estofado. The standard was really good. I also had their take on a crème brûlée, with some flaming booze on top. It was lovely too. The wine list was very reasonably-priced and heavy on the South American wines.

Very pleasantly surprised. If you are looking for Spanish/Latin American food, I'd say give it a go. I think we'll be back. I still think they should have chosen a different name, but there you go!

Thank for your feedback.

We are very please that you enjoyed your visit, and hope to see you again.

The name of the restaurant, "Mama Mia", yes, could be Italian, but in Spanish the meaning of Mama Mia is, "my mum", and this restaurant is dedicated to our mum, that was a enthusiastic chef.

We, all at Mama Mia, are looking forward to see you again.

Francisco

We went to Mama Mia just before Christmas and really enjoyed it. Nice friendly atmosphere and very good food. I had the fish stew (can't remember what it was called on the menu) and it was really delicious. We''l definately try it again some time.

Sorry, not BYO. We have a great selection of wines from Chile, Argentina and Spain. As well as lager from Argentina, Mexico, Spain, France and Italy.

At the moment we are doing a early bird special offer, any starter followed by any chicken or pasta dish for £12-95, that includes a drink (glass of wine, lager or soft drink). This offer runs Monday to Thursday if you come B4 & 7:30pm.

We look forward to see you.

Francisco, manager at Mama Mia.

At the moment we are doing a early bird special offer, any starter followed by any chicken or pasta dish for £12-95, that includes a drink (glass of wine, lager or soft drink). This offer runs Monday to Thursday if you come B4 &:30pm.

Francisco, manager at Mama Mia.

Hi Francisco

Can you confirm what time the early bird offer finishes?

Thanks

Archived