New latin restaurant - Mama Mia - opening this Friday 30/10, Sheffield!!

Mama_Mia

• 2 weeks later...

Went here last week, it was excellent.

The only downside was not many in, as it is new I think it'll take a while to get off the ground.

Meal was wonderful, and I thought quite reasonable, just over £100 for 4, with full 3 courses and wine. Staff were very friendly and not too intrusive, as some places can be.

Go on treat yourselves give it a go.

Will deffo be going there again, oh and I didn't think the tables were cramped, bit they may have seen Muttley's thread and moved a few out

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I tried this restaurant about a month ago and it was the best meal out that I have had in a long, long time.

There were four of us and we were given the complimentary patatas bravas which was a nice touch. For starter I recall we had prawn cocktail, the mushroom dish, fritata and I don't remember the fourth starter, we all agreed our individual starters were excellent.

Moving onto the main two of us had paella and this was above par any I have ever tried in Spain it was delicious, fish stew and a steak both praised very highly.

No one had any room for desert apart from me and I had the panacotta which was to die for.

We finished with a couple of liquer coffees and cafe con leches.

We'd ordered a couple of bottles of house wine (red & white) both very drinkable and when we'd finished these were given a small carafe of each wine compliments of the house.

I will most certainly be returning and intend taking my hubby who usually moans when eating out that it is production line food. I am confident he will not be able to say this at Mama Mia.

We went on Saturday for the first time, and I have got to say that it was excellent. Highly recommend the scallops followed by the seafood paella (that’s what I had). There was a nice atmosphere and the staff where very friendly especially the smiley waitress . The bill was £110 between 4 people for appetizers, starters, mains, 1 pud, coffees and 2 bottles of wine, good value I thought. I recommend this place.

This sounds absolutely lovely and we would very much like to try it out. However, the Spanish (I know this one's South American) restaurants I've been to in Sheffield play continuous, loud Latino music, which makes it difficult to talk and becomes increasingly annoying as the evening goes on. I'd be grateful if anyone who has been could let me know what the music level is like at Mama Mia.

This sounds absolutely lovely and we would very much like to try it out. However, the Spanish (I know this one's South American) restaurants I've been to in Sheffield play continuous, loud Latino music, which makes it difficult to talk and becomes increasingly annoying as the evening goes on. I'd be grateful if anyone who has been could let me know what the music level is like at Mama Mia.

I know what you mean about loud music in restaurants, but the music at Mamas is Latino but definitely in the background, you can hear it, but it's not loud enough to drown out your conversation

Archived