Flower Estate Families And History

mark1971

I lived on the flower estate till I was 21 (that was in 1973) lived opposite shiregreen school, knew longfords, brewins, dixons, naylors, shippams,

anyone else remember them, went to school with shirley walker, gloria willis, pat allen, marina ogden, lindsey myers, carn't really remember the lads names maybe if i think about it I will.

• 3 months later...
I lived on the flower estate till I was 21 (that was in 1973) lived opposite shiregreen school, knew longfords, brewins, dixons, naylors, shippams,

anyone else remember them, went to school with shirley walker, gloria willis, pat allen, marina ogden, lindsey myers, carn't really remember the lads names maybe if i think about it I will.

i used to goto school with an edgar allen i knew agirl naylor used to ware a surgical

shoe that was the early 40 s i knew quite a few rond that area

in them days

I was 20 in 1973 and was in that year. I lived at the bottom of Jenkin road near Newman Road and went to Shiregreen until I was 11 and took the 11+.

I remember Mathew Morton, Steven Strutt, Janet Osbourne, the Wilkinson brothers ( Brian, Howard etc) Howard Wilson, Jill Parkin, The gorgeous Price brothers from the paper shop. Kathleen Taft, Keith Mountain,Judith Claxton, John Bradshaw, the Sheldons etc etc.

I really loved that school and I was very happy growing up in the area.

I was 20 in 1973 and was in that year. I lived at the bottom of Jenkin road near Newman Road and went to Shiregreen until I was 11 and took the 11+.

I remember Mathew Morton, Steven Strutt, Janet Osbourne, the Wilkinson brothers ( Brian, Howard etc) Howard Wilson, Jill Parkin, The gorgeous Price brothers from the paper shop. Kathleen Taft, Keith Mountain,Judith Claxton, John Bradshaw, the Sheldons etc etc.

I really loved that school and I was very happy growing up in the area.

Wasnt it John Sheldon that lived in the house round from the chemist.

Lived at 456 Windmill Lane until I left with my big school mate (Frank Heppenstall) to join the Navy in 49.went to Shiregreen School with Arthur woolen, Harry Wills, Jackie Cooper,Derek Lister,The Wigglesworths( Harry Howarth went to St Pats) and others round about. Most of us delivered papers for Henthorns and Caters (on Patmore Road) Old man Cater (lived on Bellhouse Road opposite the Co-op Laundry) used to sell his papers from a barrow at the bottom of Bellhouse.Drank Sasparella? outside the shop next to the stables then down to the "monkey run" at the bottom of bellhouse.. Just to watch!! My eldest brother (Bill) lived in the same house until he died about 20 years ago. Remember setting off a rocket in the middle of Beavercoates Rd which ended up in a bedroom, burning the curtains>good old days.

Lived at 456 Windmill Lane until I left with my big school mate (Frank Heppenstall) to join the Navy in 49.went to Shiregreen School with Arthur woolen, Harry Wills, Jackie Cooper,Derek Lister,The Wigglesworths( Harry Howarth went to St Pats) and others round about. Most of us delivered papers for Henthorns and Caters (on Patmore Road) Old man Cater (lived on Bellhouse Road opposite the Co-op Laundry) used to sell his papers from a barrow at the bottom of Bellhouse.Drank Sasparella? outside the shop next to the stables then down to the "monkey run" at the bottom of bellhouse.. Just to watch!! My eldest brother (Bill) lived in the same house until he died about 20 years ago. Remember setting off a rocket in the middle of Beavercoates Rd which ended up in a bedroom, burning the curtains>good old days.

now i know the culprit and they thought i was the guilty one

My in-laws used to live on Daffodil Road in the '80's - the Haynes and the Humphries. The Humphries will probably be remembered because it was a big family and all girls! They lived opposite a long jennel (is that how you spell it??), about half way along the road. We went up there a couple of weeks ago just to have a look at what is still around and I must admit it was really sad to see mounds of earth, grass and concrete blocks just abandoned everywhere. I didn't recognise any of it :(

I used to live on daffodil rd from 77 to 81/82,also attended shiregreen school where the head mistress in the infants part was called mrs gorrell & the junior part of the school the headmaster was called mr sanderson (curly hair with a tache).I went past the school recently & couldn't believe how different it looks,sad really cause i have fond memories of that place.