Attercliffe lads

gordon3

• 1 month later...
Can someone please settle an argument with me and our owd lass ? I lived on the border with Attercliffe (Coleridge Road.We called it Darnall coz it sounded posher) lol. Anyway we used to go to Ripon Street rec and as you Atterclffers know had two sides ,sand rec and the "proper" rec Ha!.The question is is did the "proper" rec have "Flying Planks" ?Those who know what I am on about will know,those who dont err soz for wasting you reading space. Proper Rec meant the water fountain was over there.

I lived on Coleridge rd and when that rec opened the first day we couldn't get to it fast enough, It was like going to blackpool or summat all the sand and them big concrete things you crawled through. The rec we used before at darnall was very basic to that one. I met jeff and wendy ducker there as well. I have got a picture of the rec somewhere but I can't remember seeing a flying plank

Anyone got memories of a family named Albert Berry/Violett Berry who had sons Mick & Stan

Relatives of mine who lived (I think) on Zion Lane??

I used to visit them in the early 1950s but lost contact when I left Sheffield in '67

Did anyone live around Kings Lake st ? Anyone remember the Fletchers or old Mrs Woods?.

1940 to about 1955 my grandmother lived at 57 kingslake street mr and mrs crookes, and my cousons lived on coleridge road. entrance on kingslake street mr mrs gosney kids mable, rita, barbara, lynn, ann