Attercliffe lads

gordon3

Hi

Does anyone remember my grandparents -

Edith and Lewis Lant of Lant's fish and chips, Attercliffe Common? Or my Dad, Ian who went to Coleridge Road School.

hi discovery

lived on carltonville road 1939/1964 many happy memories of lants fish/chip shop best on common went to carbrook county inf/junr then to coleridge road with your dad happy day down carbrook/attercliffe what a great place to grow up regards aj

Glen Pickard was mentioned on here some time ago by Mick Redfearn an Attercliffe lad who passed away a few weeks ago in Chetwynd British Columbia. Apparently Glen emigrated to Canada many years ago and set up a small airline in that country. I went to school at Hartleybrook Secondary modern and Glen was one year above me that would make him about 62/63 now. John Curtain was about the same age as Glen and was the Rugby team captain at Hartleybrook (we had a very good team) won the Price cup. Others in the team wee Dennis Topham, Dave Simmonite, Keith Smith, Bugsy Megson, Mick Lee, as to what happened to to John I regret i have no idea.

does anyone remember john townsend, glenn pickard, john curton, or david downes, they were all mates of mine at sometime.

does anyone remember john townsend, glenn pickard, john curton, or david downes, they were all mates of mine at sometime.

my husband was in the same class as john townsend and glen pickard at hartley brook school the last time he saw john townsend a few years ago he was working at a large car dealership in sheffield glen pickard came over to uk a couple of weeks ago to see his mother (glens in the process of moving to miami) he says he is coming back over at christmas time for a few days

Hi I dont know if any-one is interested, but just been going through my wife's old books. She used to belong to a historical group. Point is I've come across 2 books relating to Attercliffe, printed about 1981. You may already have these,, 'Growing up in Attercliffe £2.50 and Sheffield's East Enders' £3.95, but if not, just get back to me on here and i'll give you the book numbers. Possibly the libraries will have them. I'm not an ex Attercliffe lad, but very proud of working at Edgar Allens, Hadfields.,ESC etc. since '42.

I dont remmeber John Townsend but remember Glen and Paul Howe (the tank). A good prop forward in his day. When you see Glen tell him that Mick Redrearn has passed away. In Chetwynd BC where he was Town Clerk. As I understand it they met up again in Canada but lost contact. Mick and Glen were both old hartley brook students.

my husband was in the same class as john townsend and glen pickard at hartley brook school the last time he saw john townsend a few years ago he was working at a large car dealership in sheffield glen pickard came over to uk a couple of weeks ago to see his mother (glens in the process of moving to miami) he says he is coming back over at christmas time for a few days

Hi I dont know if any-one is interested, but just been going through my wife's old books. She used to belong to a historical group. Point is I've come across 2 books relating to Attercliffe, printed about 1981. You may already have these,, 'Growing up in Attercliffe £2.50 and Sheffield's East Enders' £3.95, but if not, just get back to me on here and i'll give you the book numbers. Possibly the libraries will have them. I'm not an ex Attercliffe lad, but very proud of working at Edgar Allens, Hadfields.,ESC etc. since '42.

hi jogi just catching up on foram answere to your post from pub bottom lock house lane (tinsley hotel) up lane a firm called sheffield hollow drill then tommy wards scrap yard then metro vics the pheasant inn(stumble inn}large open space were fairs and circus used to come carbrook church then ferns garage bob hewit barbers plumber shop then broughton lane.if possible i would like book no,and authours regards aj

Hi Carbrooklad. Thanks for the details Lockhouse Lane Broughton Lane. Just the job.The book details are: 'Growing up in Attercliffe' by Alfred Green. ISBN 863210 907490 00 X. The publishers were New City Paperbacks, Urban Theology Unit, 210 Abbeyfield Rd.,Sheffield S4 7AZ The other is 'Sheffield's East Enders', By Keith Farnsworth ISBN 0 86321 073 2 Sheffield City Libraries. Dont miss 'em. Cheers. Most of my memories are centered betwwen Tinsley Tram Sheds and Plumpers road having married into the Savage familiy.(Bryan cremated last week. (he spent all his working life at Tinsley Wire as maint. joiner). Cheers.