Attercliffe lads

gordon3

• 3 weeks later...
Can someone please settle an argument with me and our owd lass ? I lived on the border with Attercliffe (Coleridge Road.We called it Darnall coz it sounded posher) lol. Anyway we used to go to Ripon Street rec and as you Atterclffers know had two sides ,sand rec and the "proper" rec Ha!.The question is is did the "proper" rec have "Flying Planks" ?Those who know what I am on about will know,those who dont err soz for wasting you reading space. Proper Rec meant the water fountain was over there.

I remember the flying planks, boy did we used to get them flying. They would never be allowed these days.

Hi my family lived on Amberley street then on Berkley road, we went to Carbrook school and my sister went to Coleridge road, the rec was at the top of Berkley road I spent many an hour on the swings. It was the best years of our lives we didn't have much but the memories will stay forever, has will the characters who lived it.

Red

Hi Red10,

My dad lived on a number of those streets you mentioned there as well as Newark Street and Titterton Street. His name is Jack Riley and he was born in 1926

• 1 year later...
All of my best memories are of attercliffe,we lived on Shirland Lane until the houses were pulled down.I remember once me and my friend glued some pennies on the steps inside Banner's we stood on them till they dried then we stood at the bottom and watched customer's trying to pick them up what a laugh but harmless fun.If i had the chance to go back to those day's I would.

we aslo lived on shireland lane in 70's do you remember flowers family, bamforths, green or smith family also remember shops on each corner henrys and abduls lol

sorry sham forgot about the lasses good times were had by all we used to go on a pub and club crawl on a Saturday night start at vic at the top of Sleaford St half in every one up to Tommy Wards corner and back down the other side and you were ****** by the time you got to the Queens Head at the bottom of Shirland Lane then up to Ainsleys for fish and chips on Chippingham Street Boy those were the days.

i can remember ainleys chippie m8.top fish nd chips wiv scraps.lived on brinsworth st.used to go in queens when jerry ad it.cliffe was top place then.loads of boozers nd shops.

sorry mate i dont remember them but i lived down the cliffe from 1944 to 1965 went to huntsmans gardens school till i was 11years old anyone remember Miss Glossop she used to throw the blackboard rubber.Does anyone remember Pete Hatton Barry Fairhead Ann Smith Graham Westwood Michael Holmes Raymond Thompson Margaret Haywood Mick Christian Paul Sheldon to name just a few who were around at the same time I need to get the old memory into top gear could do with a jolt.

hey up gordon pete hatton lived 2 doors away from me.on brinsworth st.nice bloke think he lived with his parents at the time.i lived there till they pulled the houses down.bout 1980. we were one of the last to move.used to go in station kings head etc.

Did you live just above Freeman's only I can remember your name I am one of the Millington's we have a lot of happy memories and laugh's about all the things my mum and elsie used to get up to.I remember elsie once bought a cup from Rossington's she held it in her hand in her kitchen and said the woman in the shop showed me this it is an unbreakable cup she just held it at arm's length and said watch well she let go and we all looked at each other in shock as the cup broke as it hit the floor we laughed for years after that.

hi dinner lady .which one of the millingtons r u?. not seen any of you for ages.used to see julie from time to time out avin a drink.not seen any of the lads tho.used to see trev at match but not for ages.