Attercliffe lads

gordon3

Hi

Does anyone remember my grandparents -

Edith and Lewis Lant of Lant's fish and chips, Attercliffe Common? Or my Dad, Ian who went to Coleridge Road School.

Yes I remember your grandparents very well I was born on Melville Road off Broughton Lane and was always in their shop. They were the best fish and chips in the whole wide world and have never found any others to touch them. I remember your grandad had really bushy eyebrows which used to facinate me when I was a kid. Ian was a bit older than me, but remember seeing him talking to his parents in the shop. I can remember all their faces even now. The shop was also known as Bells.

Yes I remember your grandparents very well I was born on Melville Road off Broughton Lane and was always in their shop. They were the best fish and chips in the whole wide world and have never found any others to touch them. I remember your grandad had really bushy eyebrows which used to facinate me when I was a kid. Ian was a bit older than me, but remember seeing him talking to his parents in the shop. I can remember all their faces even now. The shop was also known as Bells.
omg yes they had the fish and chips ever i used to go in there shop from well as ealy as i can remember but yes always for some reason knowns as bells but remember them as if it was yesterday she was a smaller lady than him had lovely blonde curly hair he was taller with brown short hair style always had a smile for all customers lovely memories j

can any tell me history regarding my mum and dad tom & sadie brown they lived on attercliffe common not sure how long at the side of the carbrook hall pub in the early 1960 when the garage was at the front of it and their was a doctors on the other side of the petrol station we moved tothe flower estate wen i was around 7 any help please asthey died in the 80s and never realy got to nothem

omg yes they had the fish and chips ever i used to go in there shop from well as ealy as i can remember but yes always for some reason knowns as bells but remember them as if it was yesterday she was a smaller lady than him had lovely blonde curly hair he was taller with brown short hair style always had a smile for all customers lovely memories j

I remember the fish and chip shop owned by Mrs Bell during the 40's. From memory it was between Milford and Carbrook Sts on Attercliffe Common. We used to get or fish and chips there or from Matthews fish and chip shop on the corner of Cartonville Rd and Attercliffe Common opposite Janson Street. Mrs Bell was a friendly blonde woman who always had a word or two for her customers. Whether this shop later became Lants I don't know.

• 1 month later...