Church to be used as a mosque

I dont want this to be a Muslim hate thread because i am sure(or i hope) that most Muslims will not approve of this.

A mosque is to be built in the place of St Johns church Longsight Manchester.

Here are the graves being desecrated by a JCB to make way for the Mosques car park.> http://video.aol.co.uk/video-detail/the-desecration-of-st-johns-church-longsight-manchester/1490643799

Why build a Mosque over a church? why not build it elsewhere?

Clearly this is a slap in the face to all Christians. :shakes:

Its the type of thing that can lead one to believe that Islam/Muslims have moved on from merely having the right to practice their religion in little small corners of our country, and are seeking to turn our country into their country.

Edit:

I'v looked into this myself and it apears that the digger was working on an area that did NOT have grave stones on it

But what they intend to do with the area where there are grave stones http://go.sheffieldforum.co.uk/?id=203X323&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmaps.google.co.uk%2Fmaps%3Ff%3Dq%26source%3Ds_q%26hl%3Den%26geocode%3D%26q%3Dlongsight%2Bmanchester%26sll%3D53.478967%2C-2.251232%26sspn%3D0.00613%2C0.013754%26gl%3Duk%26ie%3DUTF8%26hq%3D%26hnear%3DLongsight%2C%2BManchester%2C%2BLancashire%2C%2BUnited%2BKingdom%26ll%3D53.456755%2C-2.202845%26spn%3D0%2C359.986246%26t%3Dh%26z%3D16%26layer%3Dc%26cbll%3D53.456785%2C-2.202717%26panoid%3Ds_x_xrGAM6nPwucgZCzf2Q%26cbp%3D12%2C0.11%2C%2C0%2C5.66

We'l have to wait and see.

I dont want this to be a Muslim hate thread because i am sure(or i hope) that most Muslims will not approve of this.

A mosque is to be built in the place of St Johns church Longsight Manchester.

Here are the graves being desecrated by a JCB to make way for the Mosques car park.> http://video.aol.co.uk/video-detail/the-desecration-of-st-johns-church-longsight-manchester/1490643799

Why build a Mosque over a church? why not build it elsewhere?

Cleary this is a slap in the face to all Christians. :shakes:

Its the type of thing that can lead one to believe that Islam/Muslims have moved on from merely having the right to practice their religion in little small corners of our country, and are seeking to turn our country into their country.

:o No way, that's disgusting.

This does raise more questions then it answers not least who sold the land in the first place? I bet they got more money for it once they established it could be sold with planning permission. Of course graveyards have been 'desecrated' before to build housing and shopping malls (I don't remember the BNP mustering much enthusiasm to oppose those) and at least this represents some continuity in what is supposed to be a place of worship to the same monotheistic God.

And this was a church being used by the Christian community? If not, it was as likely to be turned into flats as a mosque. I'm sure there's a pub in Donny that was a church too. Is that more respectful than having another religious group take it over?

Its happened all across the UK where Christian congregations have shrunk and churches have closed. Empty and redundant churches are sold. What do you think should happen to them?

ETA - And what Bozo said.

its a very clever video, a jcb moves around some rubble, then we cut to an evocative image of a broken fragment of gravestone, which could have come from anywhere.....

looking closely and applying logic, it appears that the church building is now being used as a mosque, probably because like many churches, it wasnt being used by christians any more, because thankfully, at long last people are beginning to turn away from the cretinous fairy tales, I fear it might take islam a bit longer to disintegrate, but I do believe that the next phase of human enlightenment will be to reject all religion and learn to share the earth and its resources with everyone, not one person excluded.

let's get something very clear, most anti islam propaganda has nothing to do with the sensible rejection of organised religion, and everything to do with hating anyone with a brown face.....

Archived