Church to be used as a mosque

I'm not sure they believe in anything do they? I have to have faith, as it's keeping me going.

atheists don't believe in anything, but Polytheists kind of ruin the 'we all worship the same god but with different names' line.

Polytheists believe there is not one god but many.

Also, do you really think you wouldn't be able to bear living if you didn't believe?

Why does no-one seem to know what a polytheist is, there are several hundred million of them y'know kids!

And practically all religion used to be polytheistic before Judaism.

Hey Jimmy - relax, I know about polytheism. I find it quite an agreeable idea really. I'm currently worshipping the Gods of mild autumnal days, beer, lovemaking and good green things that grow from the earth. Yum.

spot on..... (though lacking an 'n')

So really, logically, we can stop foaming at the mouth about a place being built so some wallies can go and listen to god bothering nonsense, because at the end of the day it's just harmless ghost stories/fairy tales.....

can't we?

What and have the forum xenphobes stop frothing about that evil, invasive furrin middle eastern religion coming over here and taking worshippers from out own local, loverly, fluffy ermmmmmm middle eastern religion.

You'll be hoping for signs of brain activity next!

spot on..... (though lacking an 'n')

So really, logically, we can stop foaming at the mouth about a place being built so some wallies can go and listen to god bothering nonsense, because at the end of the day it's just harmless ghost stories/fairy tales.....

can't we?

Maybe there should be less churchs, large ediffices for small congregations ( can a few people be classed as a congregation ).

Didn't somebody say "don't build large temples in my name ", probably Tony Blair. Some are architectual master pieces but generally mot churchs could get away with a prefab.

There is nothing wrong with a muslim, everybody shoild have one.

I believe we all worship the same god, and that we just use different names for him.

My sentiments entirely, my own religion is basically christian with pagan influences. My faith is strong although I dont feel the need to join any particular 'named group'. I dont criticise other religions, only if they are cruel, violent and divisive, and all the main religions have been guilty of these sins at some time. As people interbreed thru' the ages, religions will influence each other to the point where they cant find anything else to argue about.

My sentiments entirely, my own religion is basically christian with pagan influences. My faith is strong although I dont feel the need to join any particular 'named group'. I dont criticise other religions, only if they are cruel, violent and divisive, and all the main religions have been guilty of these sins at some time. As people interbreed thru' the ages, religions will influence each other to the point where they cant find anything else to argue about.

You cannot serve two masters, i.e. God and Mammon.

Archived