Church to be used as a mosque

Just a follow up story - http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/s/1136108_car_park_work_disturbs_headstones

Apparantly the area being converted was not a graveyard, but broken headstones that had been used in times past as a paved area (see report). When uncovered the works stopped.

Looks like the church itself will remain the same, it is just going to be used by someone for the first time in ages (it has stood derelict)

Just a follow up story - http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/s/1136108_car_park_work_disturbs_headstones

Apparantly the area being converted was not a graveyard, but broken headstones that had been used in times past as a paved area (see report). When uncovered the works stopped.

Looks like the church itself will remain the same, it is just going to be used by someone for the first time in ages (it has stood derelict)

That makes more sense.

And the BNP are only going to get stronger and gain more support while things like this mosque are being built in our country .

we are not ,and never will be a islamic country ,so why the hell are mosques being built ?

I seem to remember when work was done on the Cathedral forecourt and to the road near St Johns on Bramall Lane the remains of the dead had to be exhumed and re-buried somewhere else? Perhaps someone else has a better memory than I have.

that's true graham ,the sheffield council engineers did the excavation ,my old boss pete was the foreman,all bodies were respected and reintered in other places

our own town hall was built on the site of a cemetary,i suppose someone in the history section will have details of what happened to the bodies that were exhumed

And the BNP are only going to get stronger and gain more support while things like this mosque are being built in our country .

we are not ,and never will be a islamic country ,so why the hell are mosques being built ?

.....because some British citizens follow Islam?

The majority of people in this country don't shop at Waitrose, doesn't mean they shouldn't be built.

We are also, apparantly, not much of a nation of worshippers seeing as the church in question has been left desolate for some time now. Rather it be restored and used by someone than left to become even more run down and an eventual tax-payer burden to keep it standing.

Check through the details of the story - the building is not being demolished, a mosque is not being 'built'. The works were in grounds which were not part of the cemetary or grave area. The stones were buried, and when uncovered work stopped whilst the origin of them was worked out. The BNP used the video to incite hatred which then led to desecration of graves by their supporters. (see http://www.loonwatch.com/2009/10/britian-muslim-graves-desecrated-in-manchester/ )

I dont want this to be a Muslim hate thread because i am sure(or i hope) that most Muslims will not approve of this.

A mosque is to be built in the place of St Johns church Longsight Manchester.

Here are the graves being desecrated by a JCB to make way for the Mosques car park.> http://video.aol.co.uk/video-detail/the-desecration-of-st-johns-church-longsight-manchester/1490643799

Why build a Mosque over a church? why not build it elsewhere?

Cleary this is a slap in the face to all Christians. :shakes:

Its the type of thing that can lead one to believe that Islam/Muslims have moved on from merely having the right to practice their religion in little small corners of our country, and are seeking to turn our country into their country.

Do you know why St Philip's Road is so called Aim4?

It's because before they put a massive dual carriageway there it was a real church, with real parishioners and a real grave yard, but it got obliterated and there wasn't a Muslim in sight!

http://www.picturesheffield.com/cgi-bin/picturesheffield.pl?_cgifunction=form&_layout=picturesheffield&keyval=sheff.refno=s22413

we are not ,and never will be a islamic country

spot on..... (though lacking an 'n')

So really, logically, we can stop foaming at the mouth about a place being built so some wallies can go and listen to god bothering nonsense, because at the end of the day it's just harmless ghost stories/fairy tales.....

can't we?

Archived