Church to be used as a mosque

for once we agree .

i hope the mad Mullahs at Islam4uk get plenty of news coverage at their march ,as it will breed many new BNP supporters

Is that so Benny, aren't your supporters familiar with conventional forms of breeding? Do they get up to breeding every time they see something to do with Muslims?:hihi:

I often wondered why you're so keen on Muslim bashing threads;)

Not neccesarily so TeaFan - there's a Muslim section to the cemetery up near Concorde baths for one.

There are Muslim sections at most of the cemeteries, like Darnall, Shiregreen, Abbey Lane, City Road etc.

And as for churches, one of the first Mosques in Sheffield was the one at Bomin Street Attercliffe which again was a church, and so was the Mosque on Plantation Road Heely.

Is that so Benny, aren't your supporters familiar with conventional forms of breeding? Do they get up to breeding every time they see something to do with Muslims?:hihi:

I often wondered why you're so keen on Muslim bashing threads;)

Muslim bashing ?....................... its called freedom of speach

No, Cremation is not supported in Islam, just as it isn't in Judaism.

In Islam, as in Judaism, the body must be buried. (and, preferably within 24/48 hours of the death occurring.)

Catholics avoid cremation too - you need to be buried whole in many faiths...

Or Walkabout on West Street - the regulars there dribble their pints and stub their fags out on the old tomb stones there...
Dare I confess that I haven't read the whole thread, but isn't this a bit of a non event? Surplus to requirements churches have been used for all sorts of things. Clubs, pubs, houses, flats, and mosques. Of the choices, I'm sure many people would consider the mosque option the best?

The old chapel on Plantation Road at Heeley was converted into a warehouse originally and then brought back into religious use as Makki Mosque some years ago now. A far more in keeping and fitting end for it, imo.

Archived