Church to be used as a mosque

Dare I confess that I haven't read the whole thread, but isn't this a bit of a non event? Surplus to requirements churches have been used for all sorts of things. Clubs, pubs, houses, flats, and mosques. Of the choices, I'm sure many people would consider the mosque option the best?

The old chapel on Plantation Road at Heeley was converted into a warehouse originally and then brought back into religious use as Makki Mosque some years ago now. A far more in keeping and fitting end for it, imo.

The OP seemed to be unhappy with graves being dug up to make room for a carpark- just pointing out that we have old churches in Sheffield whose graves have been moved or damaged...

Agree- even if idiots like Anjum Chaudary and his merry men see different.

Their next act is the March for Shariah which happens tomorrow- now that is fuel for the BNP.

http://www.dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/view/134080 (trust the DEX to jump on it though- and it was front page news).

The more this idiot parades himself and his group in public calling for a draconian anti-liberal legal system repugnant to 99.9% of all British citizens, the more he presses the screws upon himself and his fellow Muslims.

I'm with this guy:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/belief/2009/oct/23/islam4uk-march-31-october

Wouldn't it be luverly if we could just dump the Muslim loonies and BNP nutters (and any other extremist groups) on an island somewhere and let them fight it out.

Then the rest of us, whether Christian, Muslim, atheist, Jewish, etc, etc, could just get on with our lives in peace?

Wouldn't it be luverly if we could just dump the Muslim loonies and BNP nutters (and any other extremist groups) on an island somewhere and let them fight it out.

Then the rest of us, whether Christian, Muslim, atheist, Jewish, etc, etc, could just get on with our lives in peace?

Aaaaaamen to that::thumbsup:

Its views like this which give more support to the BNP

Wake up , smell the coffee. We have all seen the growth of mosques, the parking problems around them. Which other religion attracts such a huge following ??? NEVER SAY NEVER, I dont support the idiotic BNP but I see the way they they manipulate situations. Islam historically once stretched up nearly to Austria, It covered all of Spain. Dont say anything can never happen 'cos it once nearly did. Personally I dont have any axe to grind, I respect all religions, its the peoples choice which church they support.

Please make sure brain is engaged before operating mouth.

Read your history, What were the Crusades about ???? Read Spanish history.

History has a habit of repeating its self.

And RIZRAT, grow up, study history, stop reading THE SUN and get out more with your eyes OPEN.

Wake up , smell the coffee. We have all seen the growth of mosques, the parking problems around them.
Did you see the thread about parking around Bramall Lane on match days? No one is suggesting the removal of Sheffield United fans because of it, like the BNP are about Muslims. I think the parking problem around mosques is an issue that can be dealt with without voting for the BNP.

Which other religion attracts such a huge following ???

Is that necessarily a bad thing or should we refer Islam to the Monopolies Commission? ;)

NEVER SAY NEVER, I dont support the idiotic BNP but I see the way they they manipulate situations.

Well manipulating the situation is just plain lying to achieve your own agenda isnt it? If they told the truth about Muslims and weren't so keen to believe their own Chinese whispers, they might come to the conclusion that Muslims aren't so threatening after all? Just a thought.

Muslim bashing ?....................... its called freedom of speach

There's "Freedom of Speech" (which in my book, generally, involves someone rationally and truthfully setting out an argument - you do remember rationally and truthfully, don't you, Benny?) and there's "rabid, frothing at the mouth ranting", (which usually involves incoherent ranting-and-raving, and preposterous arguments which have neither truth nor rationality).

I have to say I can see it's patently clear exactly which section your "freedom of speach(sic)" comes under!

Aaaaaamen to that::thumbsup:

And another Amen from me to that idea!.

Read your history, What were the Crusades about ???? Read Spanish history.

History has a habit of repeating its self.

If anyone's been to Cordoba, they will surely have visited the Mezquita which is a massive mosque with a catholic cathedral built right in the middle of it.

One of my favourite buildings

I just hope that the plans for the mosque are in a better state than the ones used for the monstrosity on Abbeydal Road Sheffield.

What a shoddy looking thing it is with its plastic looking fake verdigris dome

Out of place cheap shoddy job of work

All that seems to be to me is a statement saying " LOOK HOW BIG MY DOME IS!"

All I think is what a crappy attempt at a dome.

Archived