60s Dixons Lane photos

No but I remember Philip Cann the music man shop. where you had to go downstairs to the record dept. If you wanted to listen to any records you went into the designated booth and they put the record on. Must admit it was the best record shop of the time.

Originally posted by bazmanau

Doe's anyone have links or photo's of Dixons lane, my grandmother had a stall out front of the pub in the early to mid sixties?

She wasn't called Ada by any chance was she?

hazel

Originally posted by bazmanau

Doe's anyone have links or photo's of Dixons lane, my grandmother had a stall out front of the pub in the early to mid sixties?

Im looking at a photo of two stalls outside THE ROCK TAVERN on Dixon Lane. The landlords name over the door is Sam Wilde

the pub was closed in the sixties and was sold to kings for over thirty thousand pounds which was an enormous sum then, its still there but is now a bacon shop.

If you send me a private message with your address I will send the photo to you.

Originally posted by desy

No but I remember Philip Cann the music man shop. where you had to go downstairs to the record dept. If you wanted to listen to any records you went into the designated booth and they put the record on. Must admit it was the best record shop of the time.

I thought Canne's shop was on Chapel Walk? Did they have one on Dixon Lane as well?

Archived