Bus drivers above the law now?

DeathAxe

Many of the disciplinary issues relate to much more minor issues, drivers can and have been sacked for running early or other relatively trivial matters.

Unless you can cite a specific statement by Unite that drivers who have been sacked for fraud should be reinstated, I can only conclude that this is another example of deliberate obfuscation by First.

If you are running a bus service and start running early is that such a trivial matter? I thought timetables were meant to be kept to!

At the end of the day these strikes are not intended to cause problems for customers. That is an unfortunate side effect of these actions. A more sympathetic stance seems to have been taken with future strikes taking place at weekends and staying clear of Nov 5th so travel to bonfires and firework displays should be o.k.

So making it so people who work all week can not go out at a weekend or get to remember those who have given there lives or been injured for this country is better for the customer or is it just a weekend off for the drivers, get back to work like Doncaster and Rotherham. The reason put forward for striking was to get your pay rise, now it seems you want to victimise a manager just like you alledge he has certain union members!

So making it so people who work all week can not go out at a weekend or get to remember those who have given there lives or been injured for this country is better for the customer or is it just a weekend off for the drivers, get back to work like Doncaster and Rotherham. The reason put forward for striking was to get your pay rise, now it seems you want to victimise a manager just like you alledge he has certain union members!

Not Me, I do not work for First and certainly would not under the current regime.

From the latest on the strikes on first's website, it seems to suggest the union suppots them. Or am I taking it the wrong way? read it and tell me :)

Here:

"We just cannot concede to every unreasonable demand including the reinstatement of a driver who has committed theft or a driver who has committed fraud. The Union is even demanding we reverse a decision upheld by an Employment Tribunal.

"It is now obvious that the Union has no real intention of resolving this matter and is intent on trying to cause problems to the people and businesses of Sheffield, including our own. This will undoubtedly have an impact on drivers jobs in the future."

It seems quite clear now we have a militant union in that is demanding the earth. For the poster who said about disciplining over leaving early so they should. We expect buses to run to a schedule.

If drivers have done something wrong they should be disciplined. Instead of drivers moaning and striking they should get back to work.

It seems quite clear now we have a militant union in that is demanding the earth. For the poster who said about disciplining over leaving early so they should. We expect buses to run to a schedule.

If drivers have done something wrong they should be disciplined. Instead of drivers moaning and striking they should get back to work.

it only needs one driver to leave early for other people to get to work late but first dont care about that

Archived