Bus drivers above the law now?

DeathAxe

Whatever the issues around the strike, I find it very sad that the drivers are striking on remembrance Sunday. I know a number of elderly, frail, ex-service folk who were relying on the bus to go to a British Legion cermony or church service and are very upset that they cannot do so because of the strike. I really am not taking sides, but I do think it is a very inappropriate day to take strike action. Noel

Whatever the issues around the strike, I find it very sad that the drivers are striking on remembrance Sunday. I know a number of elderly, frail, ex-service folk who were relying on the bus to go to a British Legion cermony or church service and are very upset that they cannot do so because of the strike. I really am not taking sides, but I do think it is a very inappropriate day to take strike action. Noel

I read somewhere that the Strike on Sunday has been cancelled Saturday etc still on.

This entirely proves my point about public loosing support. The people attending rememberance day died for the freedom to strike. They rely on the busses to get to the Cenotaph and back. Surely you don't decide to strike on a day that would turn people against you as rememberance Sunday would. Do the Unite union have any sense of logic.

This entirely proves my point about public loosing support. The people attending rememberance day died for the freedom to strike. They rely on the busses to get to the Cenotaph and back. Surely you don't decide to strike on a day that would turn people against you as rememberance Sunday would. Do the Unite union have any sense of logic.

Sorry i dont know how to put numerous post in mine but i have definate assurance that on sunday

THE STRIKE HAS BEEN CALL OFF BY REQUEST OF THE BUS DRIVERS.........

Sorry i dont know how to put numerous post in mine but i have definate assurance that on sunday

THE STRIKE HAS BEEN CALL OFF BY REQUEST OF THE BUS DRIVERS.........

but they couldnt cancel fright night there a joke evry firm has problems and this wont be resloved as both parties wont budge .

the strike on sunday has been cancelled, by request of the drivers!!!!!!

Thanks for that. I tried to ring the union this afternoon to make my point, but I didn't get a reply. I'm really pleased the drivers made this decision, it is certainly to their credit. It will mean a lot to many folk who can now attend a service.

Archived