New book re history of Ranmoor, Nether Green and Hangingwater

carriewarr

Thought the Forum local history buffs might be interested in a book that has just been published by my dad, Peter Warr. It should be hitting local bookshops over the next couple of weeks - also available on Amazon.

Called "The Growth Of Ranmoor, Hangingwater And Nether Green" it tracks the development of these areas of Sheffield.....and includes some fab early pictures of the area.

Dad is the Archive Co-ordinator for the Ranmoor Society - so knows his stuff!

Cheers, Carrie (who's having a proud daughter moment!!)

• 5 months later...

Interesting! my grandparents lived in Nethergreen for many years in the 40s-50s and I know my ancestors on the Samuel side were builders who did work in that area in the early 1900s. My parents were married in Ranmoor "chapel" in 1942. Will try to obtain the book.

Interesting! my grandparents lived in Nethergreen for many years in the 40s-50s and I know my ancestors on the Samuel side were builders who did work in that area in the early 1900s. My parents were married in Ranmoor "chapel" in 1942. Will try to obtain the book.

Got mine from Sheffield Scene on Surrey Street.

Archived