Best Chippy in Sheffield

New Cod on the Block at Commonside.

28th of all restaurants in Sheffield on Trip Advisor, the highest ranked fish and chip shop and rightfully so.

Best fish and chips by far.

Not the biggest portions, nor the cheapest, but quality through and through.

Ive always found that its nothing to write home about just a standard run of the mill chippy, A proper chippy has to cook in dripping in my opinion

So are you in the know as to who does use dripping? I need my saturated fat! :-)

---------- Post added 07-05-2014 at 21:53 ----------

And I agree as used to live round the corner from Cod on the Block - it was ok, but undeserving of it's placing on trip advisor imho.

So are you in the know as to who does use dripping? I need my saturated fat! :-)

And I agree as used to live round the corner from Cod on the Block - it was ok, but undeserving of it's placing on trip advisor imho.

Riverside Cafe by Hillsborough Corner does it in dripping and their food is absolutely beautiful.

• 3 weeks later...
just had tea from captains anchor at wadsley bridge and have to say its the best fish and chips ive had in years.They gave me a bag of piri piri scraps with my order and have to say they are a taste sensation 'its the future' lol.The only thing missing was a bench by the sea.Its a new shop so I hope the standards remain the same.

I would have slung them back at him, That is not what I call a decent chippy but each to their own

when brian/bryan ran the place it was outstanding

Riverside fish and chips in Hillsborough the best ever

I second that. Just moved to Newcastle upon Tyne. I have not found a decent fish and chip shop here. How I miss the Riverside fish and chips. The chips, fish and fish cakes were lovely. Also the price was really good. I have not found any fish and chip shop here as cheap as the Riverside or as nice. I don't think I will.