Best Chippy in Sheffield

The one on southey is ok near where the magnet pub used to be,marishells i think has been poor for many years now since it kept changing owners then going back again etc
marishells has only changed owners once in the last 25 or so years, around 5 year ago which lasted about 4 month before marie bought it back again Edited by mh01

Admiral Crookes.. Mini Haddock, Chips, Peas/Curry/Gravy/Beans, and choice of Fish Rissole or Small Sausage all for £2.10.. can't beat it really

Then again I work there so I will say that

Have to say, we went in this lunchtime. Had mini fish and chips, peas, and fish rissole, £2.10 or £2.20 and PROPER scallops too for only 20p. :love: Oh, and the breadcake was delicious! (Yes, I am greedy so and so, I know! :hihi: )

There was plenty, the fish was lovely, - don't know how they do this for the money. I know a few places where that would be classed as a full portion. The fish was cooked fresh, and you can tell they take pride in what they do, very friendly people. What's more, I was pleased to note that they have the top award - five stars for hygiene from the council on display. If you're passing, these guys really deserve your business. We'll be going back. Thank you, Admiral. And thanks for the extra trays and forks for the kids, who were sharing, which you wouldn't take any extra for. :love: