Best Chippy in Sheffield

• 3 years later...

just had tea from captains anchor at wadsley bridge and have to say its the best fish and chips ive had in years.They gave me a bag of piri piri scraps with my order and have to say they are a taste sensation 'its the future' lol.The only thing missing was a bench by the sea.Its a new shop so I hope the standards remain the same.

If your ever passing Killamarsh it houses the best chip shop around!!

Proper quality fish and chips that they take pride in, we stumbled across it last week and thank God we did, where else can you get 4 fish and chips with 4 sides for £10 that are quality?

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/campaigns/family-chippy-shaw-batters-opposition-1-6565895

I must have caught them on an off day - I had a bag of chips from there and they were more or less inedible - and I'm not the sort of person who will chuck half a bag of chips away (as my waist line will testify).

But I'm nowt if not thorough so I'll give it one more chance if it's receiving rave reviews.

Yes, I`ll second that, Tony`s is our favourite

You mean Tony's that sell battered hot dog sausages? surely anybody that took pride in their shop wouldn't dream of it

---------- Post added 07-05-2014 at 16:23 ----------

I must have caught them on an off day - I had a bag of chips from there and they were more or less inedible - and I'm not the sort of person who will chuck half a bag of chips away (as my waist line will testify).

But I'm nowt if not thorough so I'll give it one more chance if it's receiving rave reviews.

Nobody is more critical of food then me and I've been twice and they were outstanding, give it another go