Why are there no good sandwich shops in Sheffield?

Shines Pantry on Langsett Road. No idea how long it will remain open though thanks to a sandwich cart that has pitched near the old presto building on penistone road and gets most of the penistone works business.

Lovely bacon and egg sandwich's. They also do a B.E.S.T. on French that ought to fill even the most starving. And they do breakfast in a tray for a couple of quid - bacon, sausage, eggs, beans, tomatoes, fried bread and toast.

They open something like 8 til 1 for hot stuff, and until 1:30 for cold sandwiches.

Dragon

Originally posted by Dragon

And they do breakfast in a tray for a couple of quid - bacon, sausage, eggs, beans, tomatoes, fried bread and toast.

That is so rare now, will have to try this place, cheers dragon, i tried 'hercule'(crookes) today as suggested earlier, not bad that place.

Lily's on penistone road in hillsbro.

Fresh bread baked on premises, decent butchers sausages, lovely ham. All made fresh to order.

Lots of nice cakes too.

Has to be #1.

Sausage & tomato with ketchup & pepper - regular sat morning treat - yum!

Originally posted by mrplodge

Make your own sandwiches, this will save you money.

Your right, i do sometimes, but when i'm taxi driving, i cant transport or power my grill in it. Perhaps in this heat i could try frying on the bonnet as they do in the US.

Archived