Keeton Hall Farm Wall Building, Kiveton Park.

Hi, He was a great worker , worked for Bishop the Farmer landowner. he was very well liked and did marry a local girl.. There were two of them one was called Bruno. We had one stay with us he was billeted at Rotherham. They used to let them out to work for the local people. He stayed weekends with my Grandparents and helped out with the livestock. His name was Alfred Katofsky. He often sat and carved out a wooden toy for us. Alfred went back to Germany when they were released.

Originally posted by gales

His name was Alfred Katofsky. He often sat and carved out a wooden toy for us. Alfred went back to Germany when they were released.

This must have been a different person. The one that built the walls died in this country, in Dinnington.

Hi Woolspinner, Maybe I didn,t explain clearly enough for you. When I said two of them worked for Bishop that was August and Bruno, Alfred worked for my grandfather. He was the one that returned to Germany. The other two remained working in Todwick and married local girls.

• 4 years later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived