Unofficial SF Foodie meet - The Milestone Gastropub - Weds Nov 25th. 7.30pm

sTaGeWaLkEr

Mm having looked at the menu, there are two of the five courses that aren't suitable for veggies, (pigs in blankets, cider jelly) know they are only the small amuse bits but are there any alternatives??? - also I've no idea what girolles are - sounds like dole - ites! :hihi:

I can call Tim and ask if there are any vegetarian alternatives?

Girolle are wild mushrooms - they're also known as Golden Chanterelles.

Mm having looked at the menu, there are two of the five courses that aren't suitable for veggies, (pigs in blankets, cider jelly) know they are only the small amuse bits but are there any alternatives??? - also I've no idea what girolles are - sounds like dole - ites! :hihi:

Worry not! I've just called them.

There will now be vegetarian Amuse bouche options on the night for four of you. I can't tell you what they'll be, as the venue changes it's menu's often, in line with what's available locally, but you'll not go without. :)

Worry not! I've just called them.

There will now be vegetarian Amuse bouche options on the night for four of you. I can't tell you what they'll be, as the venue changes it's menu's often, in line with what's available locally, but you'll not go without. :)

Excellent! Should be a good night, methinks. :love:

But I want ALL of the puddings :(

PS Call me a bad veggie but I don't care about jelly being an animal product as it doesn't resemble meat in any way.

Ohnonononononoooooooooooooooooo!

I have just checked my diary (which I should have done earlier) and it's the one night that week I am already committed to something.

So I can't come.

GUTTED. It looks lovely. :(

I've looked at the menu, and I'm well out of my league here. :hihi::hihi:

I'm going to ask for some expert advice from freebie wine bottle lass. ;)

Don't worry Ash - we're not food snobs. :)

Ohnonononononoooooooooooooooooo!

I have just checked my diary (which I should have done earlier) and it's the one night that week I am already committed to something.

So I can't come.

GUTTED. It looks lovely. :(

No worries. Maybe next time. x

Archived