Every restaurant on London Road

puddyman

This is a great idea. Some of my favourite restaurants are on London Road. Unfortunately I do end up sticking to what I know - Vietnamese Noodle Bar, Zeugma, Baan Thai & Wasabisabi - although I have also enjoyed Dim Sum and Yama Sushi down there.

It's good to have a guide regarding the rest. So far I don't feel as though I have missed out on much. I have never been temped by Tin Tin, La Romantica, Thai Punna or Aroma and after your partner's review, I probably won't be in the future.

Two questions tho. What's this about the fire in Aroma..... and why does being a coal miner's daughter mean that your partner is constantly cold???!

Don't let that review stop you from going to Tin Tin - The reviewer said it herself that she doesn't like Chinese food, so not the best person to review authetic chinese dishes... Unlike Canton foods, chinese is more rustic with stews, dumplings and loads of unusual ways with offal! You won't find a better chinese in Sheffield to be honest - order from the chinese menu though, not the one that serves what the chinese think the english like to eat - that stuff is probably what the reviewer was ordering and where is the point??? Spend a couple of quid in a take out if you just want stodge...

Don't let that review stop you from going to Tin Tin - The reviewer said it herself that she doesn't like Chinese food, so not the best person to review authetic chinese dishes... Unlike Canton foods, chinese is more rustic with stews, dumplings and loads of unusual ways with offal! You won't find a better chinese in Sheffield to be honest - order from the chinese menu though, not the one that serves what the chinese think the english like to eat - that stuff is probably what the reviewer was ordering and where is the point??? Spend a couple of quid in a take out if you just want stodge...

oooo you have made me curious about this place now! So is the Chinese menu quite accessible?

oooo you have made me curious about this place now! So is the Chinese menu quite accessible?

They ask you if you want the chinese menu too - it's all in english too, with a short description... Lamb bellies are divine! Their salt and pepper squid is lush too!!!

This is excellent, perhaps some pictures would help us appreciate your experiences more?

..........good English that.....

Anywho, funny and informative, keep it up!

My fav quote:

"as we hastily departed the restaurant so I could rinse off my crotch"

• 3 months later...

Archived