THIRSTY EAR & NO FAKIN DJs (Chibuku/Fabric) @TheHarley//Sat7thNov//9pm-3am

Thirsty Ear

THIRSTY EAR - THIS ISH BANGS!

Residents & Guests playing the best in...

Reggae/Funk/HipHop/Beats/Dubstep/Drum&Bass/PartyBangers/AndMore!

WITH SPECIAL GUEST 3-MAN DJ TEAM

NO FAKIN DJS

[4 Decks/Chibuku/Friends & Family/Fabric]

http://www.myspace.com/nofakin

Kwinzola, Fred and DJ Illson combine 4 turntables and a deep rooted hip- hop sensibility to create a semi-live/DJ show like no other. And while hip-hop is the anchor, a phenomenal variety of music gets in on the act, seamlessly blended and layered with live instruments, samplers, drum machines and more. Kwinzola is the founding member and the trio's turntable backbone, and also holds down a residency at Fat City's legendary club night Friends & Family. No Fakin DJs have recently rocked dancefloors, boats, tents and tipis at events like the Garden Festival in Croatia, Creamfields, and genre bending super clubs Chibuku and Fabric. They've played alongside the likes of Mr Scruff and the Scratch Perverts, as well as having had the honour of supporting some of their heroes and inspirations… Public Enemy, Q-Bert, DJ Shadow and Steinski. Through hip-hop, funk, soul, disco, reggae and more, No Fakin DJs make the classic and obscure into a mix thats guarenteed to get the party started right!

"They don't make 'em like this anymore. This **** took me back!!" - Spank Rock

"These guys flipping rock!" - DJ Yoda

"You wouldn't believe how many cd's I get given on my travels - If only they were alll as good as this!!!" - DJ Andy Smith (Portishead)

"Three DJs, Four turntables, live instruments and an avalanche of treats... both classic and obscure all perfectly mixed together. This is dope and highly recommended " - Hip Hop Connection

With support from the TE residents

DR. BAD TOUCH / MATTER OF FACT / INFINITE SOUL / DARK PHAYD-R / ROLAND DUBBS

9pm-3am

FREE ENTRY BEFORE 10pm

£3 AFTER 10pm

LAST ENTRY 1am

Facebook Event here

Archived