Sheffield Cutlery Manufacturers

there was a guy i remember on a wheel and he never moved very young i was about 19 or 20 .

Yes, I think he was the howard jones guy, with the stuck up hair.

Was shaun the young one? that worked on the hammers?

I remember and not inc jayne they was 2 other young girls in the press shop. Both was on piece work. One was a bit of a tomboy, blond short hair and the other very tall and slim.

Edited by meggymoo

yes sounds like him cant remember his name shaun worked in another shop used to go out with him lol i was on piece work thought everyone was

No I wasnt on piecework. Not all of us was. I remember it was something like 1.40 per hr :suspect:

• 6 months later...
I worked at HM & Co from 1971 to 1973. I started straight from school as Trainee Work Study Engineer and 10 months later I was running the department aged 16. Crazy. The company was owned and run by Armin Krausz and his son Neville. The Works Director was Andrew Frankle. At the time nearly all the production was for government contracts such as hospitals and prisons. A lot of the designs were from David Mellor(not the politician). HM & Co also imported stainless steel tea sets and sold them under the name Sheffield Silversmiths. I was presented with one of the tea services when I left which my Mum used on a daily basis until recentley. I also bought a canteen of 'Lustre Grain' cutlery which my Mum still has.

I worked at HM & Co for twenty years I was the manager of the Claire shop.Are you in the Shoe business still?

• 2 months later...
yes sounds like him cant remember his name shaun worked in another shop used to go out with him lol i was on piece work thought everyone was

Don't think you were on piecework, you may have got hourly rate plus bonus. Piecework was when you just got paid a percentage of the value of the work you produced but did not receive any other pay . Those days went out long before I started work in 1966

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...