What is the going rate for babysitting?

When I babysat for 2 children, I got anything between £7 - £20 (Depending how drunk the parents were lol) but this was about 7 years ago, for roughly 5 hours - but they were asleep for the majority of the time. I'd charge about £10 now, depending on what the sitting involves, ie if your daughter will just be sat in the house while the child sleeps or if she will have to take them somewhere.

They will give her what they want to give her at the end of the night and if she thinks they are being too cheap then she can decide to decline next time they ask her to babysit again. I dont think baby sitters actually charge a certain amount or have a running rate at the age of 14.

I used to babysit for a millionaire when i was about 16-17 and its a good little earner haha. Especially because they came home drunk! Id get to hang out in their insanely nice house, eat food they bought me and £40 at the end of the night for sitting around watching sky movies making sure the kids didnt kill themselves. Maybe i should take this up again.

We have friends who occasionally join us on Sunday evening for a pub quiz. They have a baby sitter who looks after their two children for about 3 hours. They pay her £10 plus are responsible for getting her home safely. If the weather is clement the guy walks her home, if it is unpleasant they pay for her taxi fare. He never drives her home because he drinks at my pace:hihi::hihi:

She has been offered £2.50 per hour, plus picking her up beforehand and bringing her home. It involves 2 under 5's in bed when she gets there, and 1 under 10 who will go to bed while she is there.

Hmmmmm. Depends on how you look at it. The main thing is that you know where she is and you know that she will get there and home safely. The responsibility will do her nothing but good and she is getting to mix. You could argue that it is A LITTLE on the mean side, but then, maybe the couple cannot afford to pay much more. The way that I would look at it is that she will get much more than money out of the experience. The money is the least important consideration.

Archived