Limit club reunion - Sat. Nov 28

EccleRd22

13 year legacy set to be The Limit for Sheffield nightlife

Trying to cram the history of one of Sheffield’s most influential club and live music venues into just one night is no mean feat.

There’s probably only one man capable of doing justice to the legacy of West Street’s legendary Limit venue – the DJ that provided the sounds for 10 years from the night it opened in March 1978.

Paul Unwin has been persuaded to return to the decks for a one-off night to celebrate the launch of Neil Anderson’s ‘Take It To The Limit’ – the newly published book that chronicles the life of the venue.

If anyone has a particular track they’re keen to hear at the reunion night they should email it to Paul at: reunion@takeittothelimit.info

Here are a few of DJ Paul Unwin Limit favourites from down the years to stir up a few memories:

Iggy Pop – The Passenger; B-52s – Planet Claire; Ultravox - The Man Who Dies Everyday ( Live Version ); Japan - Quiet Life; The Long Ryders - Looking For Lewis & Clark; Cabaret Voltaire - Sensoria; David Bowie - Queen Bitch; The Clash - Train In Vain; The Waterboys - The Whole Of The Moon; Simple Minds - Someone Somewhere In Summertime; Bauhaus - Bela Lugosi’s Dead; Sisters of Mercy – Floorshow; Killing Joke – Requiem.

The massive Limit reunion is set to take place at Wellington Street’s Casbah [the former Wapentake Bar where the majority of Limit staff came from way back in 1978] on Saturday, November 28, from 9pm until 3am.

Tickets are £15 – admission also includes a complimentary copy of ‘Take It To The Limit’.

They can be purchased from www.takeittothelimit.info or from ticket outlets including Plug/The Casbah/The Washington/Bath Hotel or over the phone on 0114 241 3040.

A limited number of £7 tickets are set to be made available for people that have already purchased the book and can't be persuaded to have another to give their gran for Christmas.

Ticket info: reunion@takeittothelimit.info

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to crash in on the thread but I thought the same people may be interested to know that there is also a Christmas WAPENTAKE reunion at the Casbah on the 19th of Dec 2009. There is also a Facebook page, which you can join to post your memories/photographs. The last reunion, in September, was good, not hugely busy.. hope that some of you will be able to make it for some pre-xmas drinks and catch up.

I am a bit young for the Limit - it closed just as I got into clubbing - however, I have heard about the book and it sounds brilliant.... wishing the reunion and the book the best of success.

Archived