Netherthorpe before the flats

Guess What here we go again

I was born in Cross Addy street moved to Guildford Rise Norfolk Park in 1967 and got married in 72 and moved to Swallownest

Havn't been down latley but I was at Daniel Hill Chippie about 2/3 years ago (when it was a chippie not a chinese). They had a sign up adfertising an exhibition at Upperthgorpe Library. Spoke to the lady behind the counter who said that they were holding an exhibition in the library of photo's memorabilia prior to the demolision od the area. They had a few pictures of the area before but most were of the houses being pulled down. She also said that the post office also had some on display.

• 7 years later...

Hi I have a video of several streets around the Port Mahon district as it was called robertshaw st, Hammond st,Fawcett st,and Bellfield lane but cant seem to upload it so far will keep trying. i played in the old houses when I was a nipper as they were being demolished I lived on Daniel hill st, I also have a picture somewhere of a street party after the war it was also on Bellfield lane. watch this space

Archived