Help find my family

Madrid

I`m trying to find ancestors with the surname of Steer or Hague.

My grandfather was Joseph Henry Steer from Thorpe Hesley, my grandmother was Beatrice Hague from Wentworth.

My father was Lawrence Victor Steer born at Main Road Darnall 1917, he was one of 9 children, his father Joseph was killed in the tinsley pit disaster of 1917.

My father served in the Royal Navy during the second world war and was sent to Ceylon for 2 years.

When he came back, he and my mother Marion lived in the pre-fab houses at Arbourthorne, then moved into the new houses built at stradbroke crescent.

any help would be appreciated.

The number of people ,on here, who want others to do their work for them is unbelievable.
people on here are very helpful and everyone helps each other,sometimes you can search for ever looking for someone then ask for help on here and problem solved,if you dont like it you know what to do:loopy:

The number of people ,on here, who want others to do their work for them is unbelievable.

Perhaps what you don't realise Leper is that researching family history which is still fairly recent is very difficult unless there are still living relatives to fill in the gaps.

It's not just a case of other people doing the work for you but, sometimes it's the only way to acquire the knowledge.

I can easily find information about my maternal 3x great grandfather though I cannot find any information about my paternal grandfather, recent history in terms of family relationships is very difficult to find so every little bit of help from living relatives is vital.

Please help this person if you can, if not, don't make snide remarks.

Duffems

Perhaps what you don't realise Leper is that researching family history which is still fairly recent is very difficult unless there are still living relatives to fill in the gaps.

It's not just a case of other people doing the work for you but, sometimes it's the only way to acquire the knowledge.

I can easily find information about my maternal 3x great grandfather though I cannot find any information about my paternal grandfather, recent history in terms of family relationships is very difficult to find so every little bit of help from living relatives is vital.

Please help this person if you can, if not, don't make snide remarks.

Duffems

Hi thats exactly where i`m at, i`ve been researching for years but come to a dead end, so trying other means. So thankyou very much for the support its appreciated!

Archived