People who are enjoying the recession.

I am acquainted with a guy who buys and sells gold. He has never had it so good. He has just bought a villa in Portugal and has named it Recession House. He laughs and jokes about the number of people who are selling the family gold to help them through their current hardships. I would love to hit him!

Do you know anyone like this ?

I must say whilst I am doing my Christmas shopping, the recession has been incredibly useful. Everything is half price and I can afford things for my family that I would have never been able too last year!

I have lived through boom and bust periods and did not notice any difference, was always waiting for the next pay day, still am. Loads of people in town and other places l visit and still with loads of shopping(not food) in their carrier bags.

I am acquainted with a guy who buys and sells gold. He has never had it so good. He has just bought a villa in Portugal and has named it Recession House. He laughs and jokes about the number of people who are selling the family gold to help them through their current hardships. I would love to hit him!

Do you know anyone like this ?

I don't think it's anything to do with the recession. Some people are - insert cockney rhyming slang for bankers - regardless of whether the economy is on the up or we're in recession.

I don't think it's anything to do with the recession. Some people are - insert cockney rhyming slang for bankers - regardless of whether the economy is on the up or we're in recession.

Sounds like he's doing a favour to the people who want to sell their gold - good on him for buying it. Presumably there are people willing to but it as well otherwise he wouldn't be making much money out of it. But I agree its a little tasteless to call it Recession cottage or whatever

Sounds like he's doing a favour to the people who want to sell their gold - good on him for buying it. Presumably there are people willing to but it as well otherwise he wouldn't be making much money out of it. But I agree its a little tasteless to call it Recession cottage or whatever

No, whats really tasteless is his heated indoor pool in the shape of a £ sign.

• 2 years later...

An old thread from 8/11/09. My guess is that many younger people from the time of that thread did not understand what a recession is, but now they do. At the time that this thread was originated all young people had work. Now there are one million unemployed youngsters.

Archived