People who are enjoying the recession.

It just shows how stupid, or desperate, people are. In times of recession gold is the best investment.

Try telling that to the lunatic who sold off half of our gold reserves at half-price a few years ago :loopy:

But in fairness he also bought a few banks at twice what they were worth to make up for it.

I am acquainted with a guy who buys and sells gold. He has never had it so good. He has just bought a villa in Portugal and has named it Recession House. He laughs and jokes about the number of people who are selling the family gold to help them through their current hardships. I would love to hit him!

Do you know anyone like this ?

Just about every Conservative you meet. If it was that easy to get your hands on other peoples' money, we'd all be doing it. I wonder how long he can get away with it before getting found out?

It just shows how stupid, or desperate, people are. In times of recession gold is the best investment.

Try telling that to the lunatic who sold off half of our gold reserves at half-price a few years ago :loopy:

So what would you do with gold if you're not going to sell it? where would you have got the money to bail out the banks' ATMs? I suppose you would have like to have seen people starve to death and the entire economy collapse?

So what would you do with gold if you're not going to sell it? where would you have got the money to bail out the banks' ATMs? I suppose you would have like to have seen people starve to death and the entire economy collapse?

There's more chance of you getting a repy from Jimmy Saville (RIP), Nodens joined the ranks of the 'Phil's' up in the ether heaven yonks ago!:cool:

The plonker will be touched by your spirited defence of him but he sold it off in 1999, long before the recession.

Just about every Conservative you meet. If it was that easy to get your hands on other peoples' money, we'd all be doing it. I wonder how long he can get away with it before getting found out?

getting away with what ???? the blokes obviously not doing anything wrong.A lot of people are still spending money ,that they dont have, on luxury items that they just dont need,

I see loads of 20-30 year olds dressed in brand new designer clothes,driving newish cars which they cant afford and spending cash on expensive drinks and food etc,while at the same time complaining that they have no money and no future.

Just because someone's latched on to making a profit off someone else's over the top habbits doesn't make them a bad person

I personnaly have profitted from the recent financial climate as my mortgage has been the lowest its been for years,I have also run my own business for the last 20 years and currently its the best Iv'e known it,my business is of a non-essential commodity.:huh:

getting away with what ???? the blokes obviously not doing anything wrong.A lot of people are still spending money ,that they dont have, on luxury items that they just dont need,

I see loads of 20-30 year olds dressed in brand new designer clothes,driving newish cars which they cant afford and spending cash on expensive drinks and food etc,while at the same time complaining that they have no money and no future.

Just because someone's latched on to making a profit off someone else's over the top habbits doesn't make them a bad person

I personnaly have profitted from the recent financial climate as my mortgage has been the lowest its been for years,I have also run my own business for the last 20 years and currently its the best Iv'e known it,my business is of a non-essential commodity.:huh:

I'm with you on that,I'm currently enjoying a good run, my mortgage is really low and I also run my own business which is not a necessity to my customers.

I dont spend my income on crap which I dont need,I'm certainly not buying my xmas presents in April and I dont do new clothes-dining out weekly and over the top spending.

There is still money to be earned out there if you can be bothered to look.

I know plenty of school leavers who are currently out of work but refuse to take jobs at mcdonald's-KFc etc, they will gladly pay to eat there though !!!!!

Negative equity isn't a problem unless you're planning to sell...

Or you're having trouble paying the mortgage and then find out that even if the house is repossessed you're still going to owe the bank another £25k.

Or you're having trouble paying the mortgage and then find out that even if the house is repossessed you're still going to owe the bank another £25k.

Same thing as selling really...if you're planning to stay put it's not an issue...

Archived