Help needed to find old style hardware shop

lagerlil

I have tried all of these but there is none of them that beats Richardsons at Firth Park. Pauline Richardson and her brother have been there over 40 years taking over from their father who ran it when I was little

the one at firth park and fred derbyshires are both good and fred was still there last year I think which was last time I went in. I used to work with Paul Derbyshire when I worked in office at SGB. There is alo Hulberts at Ecclesfield and one at Station road Chapeltown

• 3 weeks later...
Sadly, this shop will be closing down in a week or 2. Her son, who took it over has sold a lot of the stuff that was left when she died, but is now going. Apparently it is going to be another beauty parlour.

It may be a beauty parlour now but lo! A young couple have opened up a 'new improved' hardware shop just next door! Yeay! :banana: Called Sharrow Vale Hardware no less.

Great to have one back on the block and with an Eco touch too. V. competitive prices too compared to B&Q! Let's support 'em eh?

Good luck guys :thumbsup:

It may be a beauty parlour now but lo! A young couple have opened up a 'new improved' hardware shop just next door! Yeay! :banana: Called Sharrow Vale Hardware no less.

Great to have one back on the block and with an Eco touch too. V. competitive prices too compared to B&Q! Let's support 'em eh?

Good luck guys :thumbsup:

Is it the double fronted shop that sold crystals and stuff?

I guess the originator has bought what they want by now but another worthy of mention is Shaws' on Duchess Rd (opp. old ice rink/B&Q on Queens Rd). More "good old-fashioned ironmongers" than hardware, but for nails, screws, bolts, tools, chains, padlocks.....you get the drift.....unbeatable. Always a queue of tradesmen (good sign imho) and staff that know what they are selling and how you should use it.

• 6 months later...

/

I guess the originator has bought what they want by now.

I hope I don't come across as rude but just wanted to add - Even if the originator has bought what they need by now I often use the Forum to find recommendations, as someone has invariably asked the same question I am pondering before (no matter how long ago...well, within reason I suppose) and it's good to look through the posts to pick out the good guys from the cowboys and find local suppliers. 9/10 I manage to find a good one thanks to the Forum.

Archived