Have you ever been mugged in sheffield?

I got mugged outside KwikFit on Ecclesall road.

Put up quite a fight, and tried to get the guy hit by a taxi by darting out in front of them.

Failed and he took my wallet. Fortunatly, there was nothing in it as I had stuffed all my cash into another pocket at the petrol station.

Pwned.

Its also ECCLESALL Road. There is no H in it.

I was mugged in the underground which runs under arundle gate (near Roxy) I had got off my bus in flat street and was walking up to boots to get some lunch on my way to work. there was this asian guy who was walking infront of me acting really strange, he kept turning round and looking at me and slowed down.

I thought he was up to something so I put my bag over my head accross my chest he turned round and grabbed my bag ( he obviously hadn't seen me put it over my head) there was a bit of a scuffle and I managed to punch him twice in the face. then someone started coming down the steps and he ran away.

Got in trouble when I got home because I was 7 months pregnant.

I reported it to the police and they came and took a statement but didn't include the bit about me punching him incase they did catch him because he could have sued me, what a twisted society we live in!!!!

Originally posted by littleboo

I was mugged in the underground which runs under arundle gate (near Roxy) I had got off my bus in flat street and was walking up to boots to get some lunch on my way to work. there was this asian guy who was walking infront of me acting really strange, he kept turning round and looking at me and slowed down.

I thought he was up to something so I put my bag over my head accross my chest he turned round and grabbed my bag ( he obviously hadn't seen me put it over my head) there was a bit of a scuffle and I managed to punch him twice in the face. then someone started coming down the steps and he ran away.

Got in trouble when I got home because I was 7 months pregnant.

I reported it to the police and they came and took a statement but didn't include the bit about me punching him incase they did catch him because he could have sued me, what a twisted society we live in!!!!

ermm, only your understanding of self defence law appears to be twisted, punching him would be seen as completely reasonable and indeed had you had the ability it would have been legal for you to use reasonable force to restrain him until the police arrived (an unlikely situation for any of us I expect).

Originally posted by Cyclone

ermm, only your understanding of self defence law appears to be twisted, punching him would be seen as completely reasonable and indeed had you had the ability it would have been legal for you to use reasonable force to restrain him until the police arrived (an unlikely situation for any of us I expect).

no not mine, it was actually the police that said that to me. his actual words were "if they catch him and he gives a statement that you have hit him, and yours matches. his solicitor will probably try and sue you. Ive seen it happen, so we'll leave that bit out"

this was later that night at my house and my husband was present to hear this.

well the police should know better.

Firstly it would be a criminal offence, not civil and the police and the cps would refuse to press charges.

I suppose that they could bring a civil charge against you for damages, but as you are legally entitled to defend yourself and your property with reasonable force, it would be thrown out of court by a judge at his expense.

Since muggers are probably not the most well of people, no sensible solicitor would touch a case like that with a barge poll as they wouldn't get paid.

Muggers are the lowest of the low but mugging a pregnant woman.....

Assholes

Sorry to hear about your experience littleboo, so far I've never had any trouble in Sheffield in my short but colourful life. :P

Originally posted by IanMitchell

Muggers are the lowest of the low but mugging a pregnant woman.....

Assholes

Sorry to hear about your experience littleboo, so far I've never had any trouble in Sheffield in my short but colourful life. :P

i was an easy target at the end of the day, bet he didn't expect a fight!!!!lol

Archived