Sham 69 atThe Boardwalk

debs66

I don't know much about the venue but Sham 69 bring back some memories of 1978 when I saw them 3 times in Sheffield :)

On seeing your post I impulsively thought about getting to this gig but having checked the band line-up I only see one original member and it's not Jimmy Pursey :(

Think I'll give it a miss for nostalgia's sake...

The Boardwalks a wicked venue:D

you wont be disappointed honest,come down early and catch Nobody's Heroes aswell,if you like SLF Hanx album,then your in for a good un..

simonj

didnt Jimmy pursey leave after one of their early tours in the late 70's:confused:

i know theyve been round loads since then..sorry if i'm wrong,think one of the band said it to the lighting guy last time they were @ The Boardwalk

anyhows see you all saturday:D

simonj

didnt Jimmy pursey leave after one of their early tours in the late 70's:confused:

Well I saw them first in January 1978 just before they released their first album 'Tell Us The Truth" and Jimmy Pursey was most definately fronting them. He did so for the next 2 gigs in Sheffield that year, the final one being at 'Fiesta' around the time that "If The Kids Are United" was released. That would make it June/July-ish going by their discography. They stopped touring later that year because of the increasing trouble at their gigs and the band split in 1980. I recall JP fronting the reformed band again during the 90's but he is definately no longer with them now.

jimmy pursey left about 2 years ago, according to the rest of the band because he didnt like touring much. i have seen them twice in last few few years ,once with pursey and once without.

its agreat place for a gig, up close and personal.

ive also seen nobodys heroes before and they were good

Archived