Plug Nightclub..any good?

wibbles

Got a big night out planned end of this month. They are rarities nowadays, what with kids, more kids, wife, job so want to make the most of it. We usually always end up in Casbah but want somewhere different. Checked out Plugs website and see they have Rewind Disko on Friday nights. We like a bit of Indie, with some 80's and maybe a bit of classic rock..would this night fit the bill??..what's the atmosphere like inside??.

Got a big night out planned end of this month. They are rarities nowadays, what with kids, more kids, wife, job so want to make the most of it. We usually always end up in Casbah but want somewhere different. Checked out Plugs website and see they have Rewind Disko on Friday nights. We like a bit of Indie, with some 80's and maybe a bit of classic rock..would this night fit the bill??..what's the atmosphere like inside??.

Not sure whether it will play music to suit your taste to be honest. On Friday its like Plug's cheesy night with dance stuff and older stuff in the main room and R'N'B in a smaller room and more electro in the 3rd room.

I think its great, and the atmosphere I've found always friendly. People that go are young but not Embrace style young. Only problem I guess would be whether you like the music.

we went last week and it wasn't very busy, when we first got there, I'd say there was about 25-30 people total, which is surprising as it's usually packed...

If you like 90's/00's music (and some a bit older, on occasion) then i'm sure you'll enjoy it, if not, then you wont.

Plug is a pretty decent venue, I worked there for a little while and often enjoy going in for a drink. Thursdays use to be my favorite night, however now the students are back, its simply too busy. Drinks are £1/£2 each! Fridays are generally a bit quiet, as is most of town, Saturdays are pretty good, and normal drink prices, so its not full of students.

Archived