What's High Green like?

I live on the so called Chapeltown side of Greengate lane so how come if I type my address and postcode into an address finder it always comes up as High Green. In fact I really live in Mortomley

If the address finder says you live in Mortomley you DO NOT live in High Green!

I REST MY CASE!

I REST MY CASE!

It's your gob you need to rest.

The Barrel pub address is Chapeltown, just up the road is the Crossfield tavern (210 Mortomley lane) and is High green, the boundary is in between the barrel and the crossfield.

PS, I lived on school road for 15 years so I should know the address.

It's your gob you need to rest.

The Barrel pub address is Chapeltown, just up the road is the Crossfield tavern (210 Mortomley lane) and is High green, the boundary is in between the barrel and the crossfield.

PS, I lived on school road for 15 years so I should know the address.

I could write barnsley as part of my address but I dont. Just go out and look were the boundry signs are. both on the high green side of Greengate Lane!!!!

I said the address finder says High Green if you care to read my post properly

I dont dispute what the address finder says, they are not acurate anyway if I put my address into the post office address finder my house does not even exist even though its been stood on the road for over 200 years.

As I have said before" just look were the boundy signs are!".

Hi

I was born and brought up with all our family for generations in High Green. This place I love and will not move from unless it's to my other house in Florida= tee hee can't get a visa!!!

Anyway I stray from the original message. High Green has become a lot worse to live in over the last 8 years or so. There are 2/3 specific reasons for this and I will not post them here because it will offend many people and this is not my aim.

One major one is that no money has been spent in the area or chapeltown for that matter. They as you may know are coupled together as Chapelgreen (A MADE UP PLACE) for the sake of funding and projects that need funding.

Anyhow it is still a good place to live. The fosters and greengate lane have always been bad areas even when I was a nipper. This will not change but saying that there are many good areas just a road back from these specific areas where you would not know they were bad.

As for not being able to go out at night - absolute nonsense. I am not disputing the fact that people of have been robbed. This happens all over the world in every village in ever city unfortunatley it is a fact of life - it even happens in dore & totley!!

To the boundaries - the boundary signs are always placed inside the boundary. Look at the "Welcome to Barnsley" signs on the Top New Road (to anyone not old enough this is the dual carriage way that runds right from Hillsborough to Tankersley M1 junction (A61) it is clearly signed at the top of Hall Wood Road although this is still Chapeltown SHEFFIELD.

The boundary for High Green is the A61 road to the top, Westwood to the right, Fosters area/to bottom of greengate, springwood lane toward Acorn put but not as far as that (sort of Bridge Inn area) to the left and bottom of School Road (before barrel pub) to the bottom. The bottom bit encompasses right to the bottom of school road but when you go up the main road to High Green the cut off point is in between the crossfield tavern and staindrop lodge. One side of the road is High Green and the Other is Chapeltown. Chapelgreen Community College for instance is Chapeltown, so is Staindrop Lodge and all the estate next to and behind it yet Thorncliffe Lane is High Green.

Hope this helps

• 1 month later...

hillsbayvill, I'm pretty sure you're right about the border being around the Bridge Inn.

I lived on Stanley Road for many years, while my Uncle lived (and still does) on Farrier Gate. The border between High Green and Chapeltown was generally regarded as Charltonbrook.

I also lived on Cottam Road for a few years prior, and have to say that rough or not, I always regarded High Green my home rather than Chapeltown!

:thumbsup:

Is Charlton Drive High Green or Chapletown then? I've always thought of it as High Green.

Anyway, there are bad parts, mainly near the Fosters flats. Charltonbrook is very nice. Also The area round Sundew Gardens. Avoid the flats though. Greegate lane does get a lot of kids hanging around, never had trouble of them though. I would reccommend Charltonbrook to anyone.

Ta.

Zip.