Speed Awareness Courses (part whatever)

Leper

The problem is, when you go 30, you get people who come right up your backside and kind of bully you into going faster.

You mean when you brake at every lamp post,slow down for nothing,stop at every vehicle parked on the nearside although the road is 4 cars wide,follow the bus as it stops at every stop although despite the queue behind you and more than enough space to pass you block access for everybody else to do it by parking yourself up its rear end,or is it the riding on the white line that you ride on to make sure nobody passes you just incase they dare to go more than the real 25 mph you are really doing as your speedo is fast and yours isnt really reading 30 its at 27.

Theres a very easy way to avoid this type of bullying,try not doing the above or an even easier one,one that used to be used regular,try letting them past while making it as safe as you can while they do,try it,it will not only change your day but change the number of fingers used as they pass you.

No you wouldnt would you,Why because you have bad attitude,yet you want to blame it on others!!

I think if the driver is only a little over the limit, they give them the option of the course. I believe, don't quote me.

Depending on the county/police force, being a "little over the limit" before being offered the option of a course counts as around 36 (or 37) to 39 mph.

If you clocked at a higher than that you are considered, strangely, beyond education.

Nobody ever died by going too slow. Is your attitude here the same as on the road?

My attitude is to judge ever situation by its own merits.Make sure my driving standards are good,make sure my vehicle is maintained the best it can be for the job its got to do,make sure my speed not only isnt beyond what the conditions allow,but also as important to me,make sure its also of no detriment to others and finally and most important make sure my attitude isnt aggressive at ANY speed.

If i did choose to go slow,i wouldnt be so pig minded to think that because thats my choice i must make sure thats what everybody else has to do.consideration costs nothing,although i suspect that you wouldnt know that!

ive been driving 28 years i got a speed ticket at beltoft near scunthorpe on the m180 going to cleethorpes, beware it sits on a bridge, i was offered this awarness course in beverley, but decided to take the 3 points, ive 10 years no claims, the points never even increased my insurance

consideration costs nothing,although i suspect that you wouldnt know that!

You jump to these conclusions, i'm not a considerate driver because of the 17 words i've posted? You don't even know if i even drive. :) Oh hum, me and others have been labeled with a bad attitude, and you're the one ranting about people driving too slow.

I was cought doing 33mph in a 30mph limit. I was told that as my speed was only 10% (or less) above the limit, I could attend a speed awareness course. The course cost £70 (the same as a fine) but saved me having points on my licence.

I was told that the option to do a course would only be offered the once.

I found the actual course quite enjoyable and came away feeling that perhaps it was a good idea to keep to the limit - we were even tought how to recognise what the limit might be.

Out of interest wjat is a "speed awareness course" ?

Surely, when you had your first driving lesson, the instructor would have shown you where the speedometer was?

Why do you need to attend a course, simply to show you where the speedometer is? how do I get a job as a Speedometer Teacher?

Archived