Elvis was over rated

epiphany

6 hours ago, PRESLEY said:

Out of tune Frank Sinatra was over rated,  if it wasn't  Mafia backed  he wouldn't have gone as far,  for example they made sure he got a part,  in From here to eternity ect,  Give me Matt Monroe anytime, ten times better than Sinatra.  .  Elvis couldn't act for toffee but at least he admitted  it,  most of is films were rubbish , he also admitted that too. Compared with the garbage these days you can't  blame a young skint truck driver for as far as he got and inspire millions in the music buisness. 

I agree with you about Matt Monroe being more talented than Sinatra.  I was listening to Monroe on YouTube during lockdown and I didn’t realise how talented he was, I thought he sang Walkway brilliantly.  Although I thought Sinatra sang My Way okay. 

Elvis did inspire the music business. Who would have thought after all these years since his death his music still lives on with a younger generation.

1 hour ago, Rockers rule said:

Jerry Lee took the stage, played the hell out of the piano, chucked the furniture about,

and left the place with no one capable of following him 🧐.

The True King of Rock n Roll.

Last man standing rule applies 8).

I thought his side kick Dean Martin was better.  :hihi:

12 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

I thought his side kick Dean Martin was better.  :hihi:

I was waiting for the 'young bride' skit, ready to counter with how old was Priscila when Elvis met her. 

For me Elvis was at his best singing Gospel.

The passion in his voice appears genuine.

Try this

Elvis Presley - Precious Lord, Take My Hand - YouTube

2 hours ago, Rockers rule said:

I was waiting for the 'young bride' skit, ready to counter with how old was Priscila when Elvis met her. 

For me Elvis was at his best singing Gospel.

The passion in his voice appears genuine.

Try this

Elvis Presley - Precious Lord, Take My Hand - YouTube

Agreed  . For me Elvis was better from his 68  comeback  special ,to the Vegas  years . The passion in his voice was operatic .

Edited by hackey lad

This thread was obviously started by someone who wasn't around in Elvis day.

Each to there own on musical taste but to appreciate Elvis on what he did which has been already said so no point repeating it he was a creator.

I wouldn't say I was ever an Elvis fan in my younger days but I like his music it's creative and  un forgettable unlike musicians today.

Will the likes of Stormsy, Miley Sirus and that biggest seller blonde lass who's name I can't think of (that says something) be remembered in 50 years from now, definitely not.

The Elvis impressionist's sell out there concerts everywhere they go, they know there not Elvis and so do the fans that support them and to say Elvis's music is rubbish is an insult.

Edited by Cody's Granddad

• 2 weeks later...