Optional ID cards on the way - resist

Ju-Ju

The department of education has issued guidelines to schools that basically say that they shouldn't be using such systems, contact your LEA and get it investigated.

Cyclone, have you got any more information the Department of Education guidance please? As part of the No2ID campaign in Sheffield, we're looking at ways we can help to stop fingerprinting in local schools.

They are nonsense, and the only advantage to them would be not having to carry so much other ID.....which is quite obviously absurd, as you might as well be carrying one of those already existing forms of ID.

They make it easier to have your ID stolen.

They won't do anything to stop criminals.

They won't do anything to stop terrorists.

They would cost a ridiculous amount of money.

It is only a small step from this to "you must carry ID at all times or you will be locked up"

It's a very small step to "Papieren Bitte".....

why do you want to give them this information for absolutely no reason?

Give them what information? Information that they already hold if you have a driving licence or passport?

Criminals can very easy steal your ID with existing methods - signatures, bank statements in the bin and so on.

Cyclone, have you got any more information the Department of Education guidance please? As part of the No2ID campaign in Sheffield, we're looking at ways we can help to stop fingerprinting in local schools.

Theres some good posts on this forum about fingerprinting in school:

http://www.edugeek.net/forums/mis-systems/41518-fingerprint-registration-similar.html

Plenty of schools are using, or planning to implement it. There is no "violation of human rights" by making a system electronic and taking away the hassle of cash.

I'd love to get rid of the whole hassle of chip and pin and "thumb pay" for my purchases at the supermarket, or to log onto my PC, unlock my car or house.

Although fiction, Back To The Future Part 2 had a few scenes where this system was used.

Most parents have no idea this is happening, parents permission is not asked for. Its done on the sly for silly reasons. Its not hygienic for all the children to be touching the same print scanner.I.e. Swine flu.

I want everybody's personal information , I want to know your history, your surfing/shopping habits, I want to follow every move you make with cameras/rfid chips. I want to know who your family is and what beliefs they have. I want to know how much money you have and what you do with it.. I want to know what genetic disease's you are susceptible to. I want to know if you fit in to the plans we have for the future. I want to control every aspect of your life, I am your governerment, I am your carer, trust me....... You have no choice anyway , I am your future, and we will know if you don't like it.. And you will be treated accordingly....... you will be judged.......

But by who?

There are positive things about ID cards, I carried one for many years whilst in the services and only required a passport when posted to a country that needed a visa for residency.

But if they are compulsory they should be free, only replacements to cost a fee.

It would give us more freedom to travel around europe.

Give them what information? Information that they already hold if you have a driving licence or passport?

Criminals can very easy steal your ID with existing methods - signatures, bank statements in the bin and so on.

they don't have my biometric info. Also if they have all this info already then wtf is the point??

Most parents have no idea this is happening, parents permission is not asked for. Its done on the sly for silly reasons. Its not hygienic for all the children to be touching the same print scanner.I.e. Swine flu.

Pupils use computer keyboards and mice, I don't see you mentioning the risk of swine flu on those.

they don't have my biometric info. Also if they have all this info already then wtf is the point??

Not everyone has a driving licence or passport. I know several people who don't and find it hard to get anywhere in life without this kind of proof. Same with utility bills and credit card statements.

When the idea of ID cards was first mooted, I thought "great". No passport and no driving licence meant I always struggled to find adequate ID when needed.

But, apart from people like me, I couldn't see that they'd actually be much use to individuals. In fact, I couldn't see what purpose they'd serve - it was obvious somebody would work out a way to copy them, so it wouldn't do much towards keeping out terrorists or criminals.

Security of the stored data is my main concern. The Government hasn't done terribly well in that area, and having so much information stored in one (or two) places would make identity-theft so much easier. I know somebody could hack my individual computer, or the database of my bank, to steal information about me, but the odds against that must be far greater than them getting the info by hacking one, big central database.

Also we had ID cards in WW2, we had to fight to get rid of them, I believe this was because it made law abiding citizens into criminals ie if they forgot their ID. All the tiny baby steps we are taking into a society where every move you make is monitored scares the **** out of me and it's not because I do anything wrong it's because watching every move I make is fine if its done by someone with no agenda and fabulous morals however this is not possible (and is very unlikely judging by the people in charge today). I do not trust politicians to make the right moral choices so how can I trust them knowing everything about me and others.

We need the right to question and fight our government and we are gradually losing that right!

Archived